You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Use code '2019' to save 25 percent now.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Songs That MeToo Might Blackball Today

Message 11 of 25

“Lightnin’ Strikes Again”, by Lou Christie. Google the lyrics to get a true appreciation of this song. Essentially Lou tells his girlfriend that he’ll marry her someday, but since she’s old enough to “know the makings of a man”, she should be patient for now while he kisses (etc.) every woman that moves because when “lightnin’ strikes again” he must do what a man must do. Great stuff! It still gets airplay!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 25

@Hoya1968 wrote:

1) “I’m a Girl Watcher”, by the O’Kaysons (leering at girls walking by, etc).

2) “I Put a Spell On You”, by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins (he doesn’t care if she doesn’t want him; she’s his anyhow because he’ll put a spell on her).

3) “Every Breath You Take”, by The Police (this guy is a serious, disturbing stalker).

4) “Take Good Care of My Baby”, by Bobby Vee (“and  if you should discover that you don’t really love her, just send my baby home to me.....”  [via FedEx?].

5) “He Hit Me and It Felt Like a Kiss”, by the Crystals. The title says it all. Ironically, it was co-written by Carole King!

That's a good list!

I read somewhere that Sting heard a group sing Every Breath You Take  as a love song, said he couldn't quit laughing. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

The Night has a Thousand Eyes.  Bobby

Vee

This is in the creeper category if you listen to the lyrics.  But I like it. Hahahahaha 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

1) “I’m a Girl Watcher”, by the O’Kaysons (leering at girls walking by, etc).

2) “I Put a Spell On You”, by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins (he doesn’t care if she doesn’t want him; she’s his anyhow because he’ll put a spell on her).

3) “Every Breath You Take”, by The Police (this guy is a serious, disturbing stalker).

4) “Take Good Care of My Baby”, by Bobby Vee (“and  if you should discover that you don’t really love her, just send my baby home to me.....”  [via FedEx?].

5) “He Hit Me and It Felt Like a Kiss”, by the Crystals. The title says it all. Ironically, it was co-written by Carole King!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

@nyadrn wrote: 
@MaVolta @millineutron 

Hi and thanks. I broke my left hand on vacation and I have not been typing as much. LOL.  

Owww! That sounds painful! Glad you're better!

@MaVolta wrote:

Thicke says it's been misinterpreted.  

OK, Robin ... mmmm hmmmm. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

@millineutron wrote:

@nyadrn Yes it IS good to see you back on here! And yes, Blurred Lines is super creepy. According to Robin Thicke, the lyrics were written by Pharrell, which I was Unhappy to hear:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6258733/robin-thicke-blurred-lines-one-year-late...

I was really surprised that Pharrell turned out to be the writer. Thicke says it's been misinterpreted. Maybe so, but an audience wouldn't have their perspective in mind just listening to the lyrics. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

@MaVolta wrote:

@nyadrn - Good to see posts from you again!!  (are you watching The Voice? no thread started yet)

@MaVolta @millineutron 

Hi and thanks. I broke my left hand on vacation and I have not been typing as much. LOL.  

I did start The Voice thread 😀

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25

@nyadrn Yes it IS good to see you back on here! And yes, Blurred Lines is super creepy. According to Robin Thicke, the lyrics were written by Pharrell, which I was Unhappy to hear:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6258733/robin-thicke-blurred-lines-one-year-late...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@nyadrn wrote:

So what would we think about Blurred Lines 🤔

https://youtu.be/yyDUC1LUXSU   

Huge hit!  Seventh best selling digital hit of all time

Oh my! I'd say it qualifies!! Interesting that I found two sets of lyrics on google search. The original version apparently caused quite a controversy when it was released. Then I found updated lyrics, thinking perhaps they reconsidered. Well, they did, and it got even worse!! Yikes! 

@nyadrn - Good to see posts from you again!!  (are you watching The Voice? no thread started yet)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

So what would we think about Blurred Lines 🤔

https://youtu.be/yyDUC1LUXSU   

Huge hit!  Seventh best selling digital hit of all time