Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Songs That MeToo Might Blackball Today

Regular Social Butterfly

Songs That MeToo Might Blackball Today

Not trying to kick the hornets' nest, and hoping I don't get run out of town by all the more sensible villagers (because I would really miss you all) ... so I hope this will be taken in the manner in which it was intended. 

So I recently saw an Instagram  post bashing Al Hirt for putting out a record called "Music to Watch Girls By" back in 1967, using hashtags like "voyeur" and "SmashthePatriarchy" ... and I just thought, "Say Whaaaaat?" I mean, I guess I get it ... but now we're going to smash the trumpet player (God rest his soul) for covering a song 50 years ago about watching girls? 

So anyway, that song is my first entry in this new category. I'm sure there are other songs that in retrospect would be deemed much more offensive than this one, so I'm just interested to see where people might go with this thread, if anywhere at all!

Honored Social Butterfly

Big ten inch record, Aerosmith

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Kim - Eminem

...he's right up there with Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry as far as the volume of his stuff that would be suspect.

Honored Social Butterfly

Um, um...

Benny Mardones - Into the Night 

ew ew ew.png

CREEP.gif

P.S. When I think back to the 80's, this older guy vs younger girl relationship stuff actually happened. There are so many memories for me, but this one stands out...In 1984, my grandparents hooked me up on a 'blind date' with this guy, Tim. I was 14, and he was 18. I'm certain that Tim would have loved to have had his way with me, but that never happened. Eventually, his friend was hanging out with us at a pizzeria, flirted with me, and I started getting prank calls from him. In retrospect, I felt that Tim was passing me off, because he couldn't get 'his way' with me. Luckily, I was only visiting. Nevertheless, the memory is both awesome, and creepy at the same time. It was way different back then. I miss telephone booths. And, I miss prank calls. Where's romance these days? 🙂 (lol) #ageisbutanumberright #metoo

Trusted Social Butterfly

Creepy to the point of Sinister.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Lord Of The Thighs - Aerosmith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNu0VIoY9nY 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

You Get It Up - Chicago (Chicago X)

Honored Social Butterfly

Who's Making Love:  Johnnie Taylor

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Dion:   Runaround Sue

The Wanderer

Lovers Who Wander

Trusted Contributor

Aqualung - Jethro Tull

Social Butterfly

Under My Thumb-Rolling Stones

Honored Social Butterfly

Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions

Their greatest hit was also one of their naughtiest. The music rocked big time, and clever lyrics got it on the air, but hardly in disguise! LOL 😂 

But their dirty-worst for lyrics goes to Another Piece Of Meat, which didn’t make my playlist!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

One more of theirs . . .

Don’t Make No Promises Your Body Can’t Keep

It doesn’t make my playlist either, but it’s kind of amusing, in a way. A groupie has fooled him in the way she looks. I’ll just leave it there. 🤭

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

A Man Needs a Maid-Neil Young

Honored Social Butterfly

My Ding A Ling:  Chuck Berry

Trusted Social Butterfly

Many of Chuck's songs might make this list...Sweet Little Sixteen also springs to mind.

Honored Social Butterfly

Knocking At Your Back Door  -  Deep Purple

The dirtiest rock song ever! Hated the lyrics, but Ritchie’s riffs and the music was really good Purple classic. But, I gave it the boot, anyway. 🤭 

They probably wouldn’t care for these two Purple songs either . . .

My Woman From Tokyo

Strange Kind Of Woman 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - Brian Hyland

Ironically first released by Swedish artist Lil Babs in the 50's and became a Pop hit in the U.S. in the 60's.

Social Butterfly

Wives and Lovers- Jack Jones

Social Butterfly

AC/DC's first 6 albums would definitely be in question. I know my parents didn't approved of them back in the Late 70's early 80's 😆 😆

Super Contributor

I Touch Myself - Divinyls

Social Butterfly

Walk on the Wild Side-Lou Reed

Super Contributor

Short People - Randy Newman

Conversationalist

--anything that Cardi B sings

Honored Social Butterfly

@ciptra38  wrote 

…anything that Cardi B sings

I don’t know anything about her, but an article in People magazine called it “positive feminism”. WT??? 🤔 So I guess it’s alright when she does it??!!! 😳

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Does bring up an interesting question...what would be #MeToo's attitude toward mysandristic songs like Menoside by Otep?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

The Lady Is A Tramp - Frank Sinatra

Honored Social Butterfly

Bristol Twistin' Annie: The Dovells

Honored Social Butterfly

Short Fat Fannie and Boni Moronie, both by the great Larry Williams.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hot Legs - Rod Stewart 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP