Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Songs That MeToo Might Blackball Today

Message 21 of 37

“Two Lovers” by Mary Wells (early Motown). She’s in love with 2 lovers and loves them both the same. One is sweet and kind. The other tends toward a domestic violence type. Unfortunately, they are the same person, with (as she puts it) a split personality. The song seems to be saying that it’s OK to be in a relationship with an abuser, just as long as he has a sweet side. MeToo I’m sure would disagree.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 37

I Love You Like a Ball and Chain.  Eurythmics

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 37

“Lightnin’ Strikes Again”, by Lou Christie. Google the lyrics to get a true appreciation of this song. Essentially Lou tells his girlfriend that he’ll marry her someday, but since she’s old enough to “know the makings of a man”, she should be patient for now while he kisses (etc.) every woman that moves because when “lightnin’ strikes again” he must do what a man must do. Great stuff! It still gets airplay!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 37

@Hoya1968 wrote:

1) “I’m a Girl Watcher”, by the O’Kaysons (leering at girls walking by, etc).

2) “I Put a Spell On You”, by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins (he doesn’t care if she doesn’t want him; she’s his anyhow because he’ll put a spell on her).

3) “Every Breath You Take”, by The Police (this guy is a serious, disturbing stalker).

4) “Take Good Care of My Baby”, by Bobby Vee (“and  if you should discover that you don’t really love her, just send my baby home to me.....”  [via FedEx?].

5) “He Hit Me and It Felt Like a Kiss”, by the Crystals. The title says it all. Ironically, it was co-written by Carole King!

That's a good list!

I read somewhere that Sting heard a group sing Every Breath You Take  as a love song, said he couldn't quit laughing. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 37

The Night has a Thousand Eyes.  Bobby

Vee

This is in the creeper category if you listen to the lyrics.  But I like it. Hahahahaha 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 37

1) “I’m a Girl Watcher”, by the O’Kaysons (leering at girls walking by, etc).

2) “I Put a Spell On You”, by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins (he doesn’t care if she doesn’t want him; she’s his anyhow because he’ll put a spell on her).

3) “Every Breath You Take”, by The Police (this guy is a serious, disturbing stalker).

4) “Take Good Care of My Baby”, by Bobby Vee (“and  if you should discover that you don’t really love her, just send my baby home to me.....”  [via FedEx?].

5) “He Hit Me and It Felt Like a Kiss”, by the Crystals. The title says it all. Ironically, it was co-written by Carole King!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 37

@nyadrn wrote: 
@MaVolta @millineutron 

Hi and thanks. I broke my left hand on vacation and I have not been typing as much. LOL.  

Owww! That sounds painful! Glad you're better!

@MaVolta wrote:

Thicke says it's been misinterpreted.  

OK, Robin ... mmmm hmmmm. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 37

@millineutron wrote:

@nyadrn Yes it IS good to see you back on here! And yes, Blurred Lines is super creepy. According to Robin Thicke, the lyrics were written by Pharrell, which I was Unhappy to hear:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6258733/robin-thicke-blurred-lines-one-year-late...

I was really surprised that Pharrell turned out to be the writer. Thicke says it's been misinterpreted. Maybe so, but an audience wouldn't have their perspective in mind just listening to the lyrics. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 37

@MaVolta wrote:

@nyadrn - Good to see posts from you again!!  (are you watching The Voice? no thread started yet)

@MaVolta @millineutron 

Hi and thanks. I broke my left hand on vacation and I have not been typing as much. LOL.  

I did start The Voice thread 😀

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 37

@nyadrn Yes it IS good to see you back on here! And yes, Blurred Lines is super creepy. According to Robin Thicke, the lyrics were written by Pharrell, which I was Unhappy to hear:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6258733/robin-thicke-blurred-lines-one-year-late...

Kudos
Views