Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Soak Up The Sun - Summer Fun Songs

So here is part 2 of my summer music playlist posts.  The first last week included songs with the word Summer in the title.  This playlist is more centered on songs that give a summertime fun kinda vibe.  Not surprising the Beach Boys (11 songs) and Jimmy Buffett (10) figure heavily in the playlist, perhaps followed by Bob Marley (4), Kenny Chesney (4), and Jan & Dean (3).

So let this playlist run at your picnic or at the beach.  Slip on those shades.  Slide into those flip flops.  Lather on that sunscreen.  Have fun.  Kick your feet up.  Relax.  It’s summertime!

And for those of you who missed my Memorial Day blog, I also include a link to that Patriotic Music playlist to listen some great patriotic tunes on the 4th of July this holiday weekend to celebrate Independence Day.

https://listentothemusicblog.com/soak-up-the-sun-summertime-fun-songs/  

Honored Social Butterfly

Ok list but there some misses that I would add and some I would delete. It's all a matter of taste.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist! Lots of great fun summer songs.

I love The Beach Boys! When it comes to fun

summer vibes, they are the Kings 👑

Here’s  a few more I’d add if it was my list:

Under the boardwalk, Drifters

Jersey Girl, Springsteen

Saturday in the park, Chicago

La Isla Bonita, Madonna

Rock Lobster, B-52’s

Spill the wine, War

Dancing Days, Led Zeppelin

Rockaway Beach, Ramones

Vacation, Go-Go’s

Don’t stop the party, Pitbull

PS: Love all the videos but especially 

the California Sun one- so many memories

Honored Social Butterfly

Another nice playlist!
How about Escape (The Pina Colada Song)?

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP