Recognized Social Butterfly

SONG TITLES and SONGS about DISTANCES & TRAVEL

I'll try to get this topic started with these song titles about DISTANCES/TRAVELING   ...........

*Travelin' Man     Ricky Nelson   which made it to #1 in 1961

*I Ran (So Far Away)     Flock of Seagulls

For a different approach, songs about  DISTANCES/TRAVELING...........

*Walk Away Renee'     The Left Banke

*Ferry Across The Mersey     Gerry & The Pacemakers

Uh, I am sorry if I led off with songs which you may have wanted to post here. How about this....wait a while and then post it....or post it now ! You see, repetition is OKAY Man Wink

Please understand, there's lots of freedom and latitude with this topic. Be creative....let's have plenty of laughs and plenty of wows like:  "Wow, I wish I had thought of that one!!" "Wow, that's a good one!!

Merely OneTokeOTL
Social Butterfly

@d737722p wrote:

And a couple more:

My Woman From Tokyo, Deep Purple

Memphis, Lonnie Mack/Johnny Rivers

The Girl From Ipanema, ?

Mississippi Woman, Louisiana Man, Conway & Loretta (I may have the wrong title)

The Girl From Ipanema was originally done by Joao Gilberto,then made popular by Astrud Gilberto & Stan Getz. Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Amy Winehouse, and others did a version of it.

On The Road to Mandlay

Regular Contributor

Sailing Shoes, Robert Palmer; Key To The Highway, Eric Clapton;  Magic Carpet Ride, Steppenwolf; Ferry Cross The Mersey, Gerry & The Pacemakers; Up Around The Bend, CCR; Been To Canaan, ;Carole King; Come Sail Away, Styx; Running On Empty, Jackson Browne, Ventura Highway, America; Peace Train, Cat Stevens; Take It On The Run, REO Speedwagon; Love Train, The Ojays; Hitchin' A Ride, Vanity Fare; Bus Stop, The Hollies; Ticket to Ride, The Beatles; Radar Love, Golden Earring; Long & Winding Road, The Beatles; West Bound #9, Flaming Ember; Keep On Truckin', ,Eddie Floyd; Free Ride, Edgar Winter Group;  Truckin', Grateful Dead; Twilight Zone, Golden Earring; 25 Miles, Edwin Starr; Don't Sleep On The Subway, Petula Clark; Midnight Train To Georgia, Gladys Knight & The Pips; Leaving On A Jet Plane, Peter, Paul & Mary; Rocky Mountain High, John Denver; I Can See For Miles, The Who; Many A Road To Freedom, Traffic; Long Train Running, The Doobie Brothers; 99 Miles From L.A.; Art Garfunkel; Going Up The Country, Canned Heat; Arizona, Mark Lindsay; Ohio, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; Indiana Wants Me, R.D.?; Monterey, Eric Burdon & The Animals; Eight Miles High, The Byrds; Cloud Nine, The Temptations.

Silver Conversationalist

"Indiana Wants Me" was R. Dean Taylor. Interesting guy - he was a producer at Motown.

Regular Contributor

I forgot these:  Freeway to Love, Aretha Franklin; Silverbird, Mark Lindsay; Miles From Nowhere, Cat Stevens; Sloop John B, The Beach Boys; Proud Mary, Ike & Tina; Country Road, James Taylor; Rockin' Down The Highway, The Doobie Brothers; Sail On, The Commodores; Nutbush City Limits

Bronze Conversationalist

Early Morning Rain - Gordon Lightfoot

Honored Social Butterfly

Travlin' On   Norah Jones

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band; You Ain't Going Nowhere

Walking Slow      Jackson Browne   1974

Merely OneTokeOTL

Beyond The Sea      Bobby Darin

Merely OneTokeOTL
Silver Conversationalist

North to Alaska - Johnny Horton

Silver Conversationalist

For fans of the show "Due South":

Northwest Passage - Stan Rogers

https://youtu.be/TVY8LoM47xI

Social Butterfly

Cowboy Junkies; Miles From Our Home

Social Butterfly

Tracy Byrd; Watermelon Crawl

Wander This World     Jonny Lang

Merely OneTokeOTL
Social Butterfly

@LookOverYonder wrote:

Wander This World     Jonny Lang

Checked it out. It's a good one.

Waterfall      Willie K      a legendary, contemporary Hawaiian guitarist/vocalist

Spread your wings

Spread your wings and fly away

Fly to that distant star

From my waterfall

https://youtu.be/y4uCheRG5gI          <----- check this song out here at YouTube

Enjoy the waterfall videos as well. Willie K borrowed this Jimi Hendrix song titled

"May This Be Love" from the 1967 Are You Expeienced  album. Yes, with significant modification, albeit a beautiful rendition, which I prefer...but I don't mean to detract from Jimi's excellently mellow guitar solos throughout.

Merely OneTokeOTL
0 Kudos

Life Is A Highway      Tom Cochrane   1991

Merely OneTokeOTL
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

T for Texas       Skynerd Version Live

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

24 Hours From Tulsa          Gene Pitney

Regular Contributor

Diesel and Dust.        Midnight Oil.       Middle of The Road.      Pretenders.        Ride Captain Ride.     Blues Image. Bridge of Sighs.     Robin Trower.    Interstate Love Song.       STP

Honored Social Butterfly

Following The River         The Rolling Stones

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Spill The Wine       Eric Burden           Smoke On The Water      Deep Purple ( From The Made in Japan) album.)

Regular Contributor

How about "500 Miles Away From Home" by Bobby Bare?

Regular Contributor

Hey,hey,get off of my cloud. Beatles 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Sorry, but it's The Rolling Stones.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Mississippi Queen   Leslie West and Mountain.                                      We Don't Get Fooled Again    The Who                                                 KARN EVIL9       ELP.                           My Baby She Wrote Me A Letter.       Box Tops

Social Butterfly

Ken Curtis; Tumbling Tumbleweeds

0 Kudos

Who Ran Away      Stephen Stills

Merely OneTokeOTL
Social Butterfly

John Fogerty; Mystic Highway

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle