Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

ROCKERS WE HAVE LOST IN 2019

As 2019 comes to a close, we have lost a lot of musical talent. What are your thoughts and whose music will you miss the most?

I will start by saying I was saddened to hear of the loss of Ric Ocasek of the Cars in September. I loved their music and thought their videos were groundbreaking.

Super Contributor

Ric Ocasek left good memories for me also. Others I will miss include Doris Day, Carol Channing , and Peter Tork from the Monkees. God bless all the wonderful talents that we lost this past year. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Rockers who passed in 2019- this is what I could find

Share your thoughts on them and whose music you'll miss the most RIP ROCKERS

Ric Ocasek

Peter Tork

Eddie Money

Ginger Baker

Leon Redbone

Dr. John

Marie Fredriksson

Larry Junstrom

Larry Willis

George Chambers

Art Neville

Paul Barrere 

Ian Gibbons

Larry Taylor

Larry Wallis

Andy Anderson

Mark Hollis

Doug Sandom 

Stephan Ellis

Keith Flint

Mike Grose

Hal Blaine

Dick Dale

Bernie Torme

Scott Walker

Paul Raymond

Phil McCormack

Regular Social Butterfly

I am still lost in the loss of John Lennon so many years ago...

I've been heartbroken again and again over the years of my "every day heros" idealist composers, moving on (John, Kurt, Prince, Chester, Chris)...

In 2019, my saddest moment was (and it may be weird) Peter Tork. He was very talented and inspiring (when he left that made-for-tv group). He actually started the generation of "Now" (now, I'm not your music slave; I can do this). That led to Prince changng the music biz and bringing people to notice execs using the media for their own abuses...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Honored Social Butterfly

I agree with you totally. The everyday heroes keep us going! I miss John Lennon all these years later so much. He was shot and killed on my birthday, so I can't help but remember him every year, but his loss affects me every other day of the year also

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP