Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: RIP Malcolm Young AC/DC

Message 1 of 7

Steven Tyler inducted you into the Rock Hall. How did that happen?

We asked for Steve, 'cause when we thought back about when we first came to the States, it just sprung to mind straightaway, well...Steven Tyler. I think we were doing sort of club dates and things like that in the in the States and [Aerosmith] heard we were in the country and they got us put on as a support act for 'em. And when [Tyler] would do interviews he would talk about us, too He got us onto "the Midnight Special." What really sealed it was when we were on a gig with Foreigner, who had a big hit record at the time and it was a big stadium. Aerosmith was on it, too. Foreigner didn't want us on there for one reason or another, and it was Steven Tyler who said, "well, if you're gonna drop them we're not playing either." I thought that was brilliant. So when we look back we thought he was the man who helped the band when we first came to the States, and we're grateful for that.

Via: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8039617/acdc-malcom-young-interview-2003-death

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@Cirice wrote:

As soon as I heard the sad news, I listened to Beating Around the Bush in honor of Malcolm Young. And I'm certain to listen to many more in the next few days.

❤️

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

As soon as I heard the sad news, I listened to Beating Around the Bush in honor of Malcolm Young. And I'm certain to listen to many more in the next few days.

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

ReTiReD51 wrote:

Didn’t know Malcolm Young had retired because of dementia at such an early age. His rhythm guitar and riffs were a mainspring behind the energetic/potent music created by ACDC. I’m sure it was a “long way to the top” for a guy who made it to the top because he really knew how to rock and roll. 

Their music has such energy and such recognizable style.  Such fun to watch!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Didn’t know Malcolm Young had retired because of dementia at such an early age. His rhythm guitar and riffs were a mainspring behind the energetic/potent music created by ACDC. I’m sure it was a “long way to the top” for a guy who made it to the top because he really knew how to rock and roll. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

RIP Malcolm Young.  Another fine rock and roller we will miss. 😞

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

RIP Malcolm Young AC/DC

Message 7 of 7

Today it is with deep heartfelt sadness that AC/DC has to announce the passing of Malcolm Young.

Malcolm, along with Angus, was the founder and creator of AC/DC.
With enormous dedication and commitment he was the driving force behind the band.
As a guitarist, songwriter and visionary he was a perfectionist and a unique man.
He always stuck to his guns and did and said exactly what he wanted.
He took great pride in all that he endeavored.
His loyalty to the fans was unsurpassed.

As his brother it is hard to express in words what he has meant to me during my life, the bond we had was unique and very special.

He leaves behind an enormous legacy that will live on forever.

Malcolm, job well done.

http://www.acdc.com/

Kudos
Views
Replies