ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: PROTEST & REBELLION SONGS.."get it off your chest"

Message 11 of 313

Hell No I Ain't Gonna Go. Matt Jones

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 12 of 313
thank you for the kudos much appreciated
Peace and Stay Free!
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 13 of 313

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8N0xy3hjE

John Lennon - Woman Is The **bleep** Of The World

In light of recent developments in the news...

don't just think about it....

DO something about it

Peace and Stay Free!
Conversationalist

Message 14 of 313

Dear Mr President; Pink ...

Message 15 of 313

Bad Company   Bad Company

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 16 of 313
not to pontificate but the words of this song were actually taken from a speech King Haile Selassie I presented at the United Nations not long before he was ultimately deposed by the nationalists
Peace and Stay Free!

Message 17 of 313

Bob Marley.  War. 

https://youtu.be/zmux03p7FgU

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 18 of 313
Love Phil highly underrated overshadowed by Dylan back in the day. Another one gone much too soon. thanks!
Peace and Stay Free!
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 19 of 313

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOeUpKCCSVQ

Hmmm... don't know why I am just getting a link but nothing else. The song is "Gun" performed by the late great Gil Scott Heron a lyrical prophet in his own time and beyond.

Brother man nowadays livin' in the ghetto

Where the dangers sure enough real.

Well when he's out late at night, and if he's got his head on right, Well, I lay you 9 to 5 he's walking with steel.

Brother Man says he's 'fraid of gangsters Messing with people just for fun He don't want to be next. He got a family to protect. So just last week he bought himself a gun.

Everybody got a pistol, everybody got a .45 And the philosophy seem to be, At least as near as I can see, When other folks give up theirs, I'll give up mine.

This is a violent civilization; If civilization's where I am. Every channel that I stop on Got a different kind of cop on Killing them by the million for Uncle Sam. Saturday night just ain't that special. Yeah, I got the constitution on the run. 'Cause even though we've got the right To defend our home, to defend our life, Got to understand to get it in hand about the guns.

Everybody's got a pistol. Everybody got a .45. The philosophy seems to be, At least as near as I can see, When other folks give up, I, I'll give up... Saturday night just ain't that special. Freedom to be afraid is all you want. Yes if you don't want to be next. You've got a family to protect. 9 out of 10, you've got a friend, you've got a gun.

Everybody got a pistol. Everybody got a .45. And the philosophy seems to be, At least as near as I can see, When other folks give up theirs, I'll give up mine.

Everybody got a pistol, this mosty be the NRA Yeah 'cause when it's time to line up You know **bleep** well they're gonna shine up Everybody... And the philosophy seem to be At least as near as I can see, When other folks give up theirs, I'll give up mine.

Are you ready to give up yours?

Peace and Stay Free!

Message 20 of 313

Pink Floyd   Another Brick In The Wall

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving