Recognized Social Butterfly

PROTEST & REBELLION SONGS.."get it off your chest"

The only stipulation here is that the song should be commentary,  controversial, expressing a rebellious, protesting "frame of mind"; generally, or speciffically, about society, culture, economics, wealth, poverty, politics, war, peace, relationships, etc, etc, etc.

How about some songs which, when you heard them, you thought, "Yeh, those lyrics tell it like it is!" or maybe you were offended by the controversial lyrics.

Your song selection may be from any time period in history and about any topic you choose, old songs and new songs.

Please be free to post protest & rebellion songs which either you agreed with or which "honked" you off.

Here is an opportunity to "Get it off your chest!" Go ahead and briefly include memorable lyrics of the song if you like [ if you remember 🙂 ]

To begin.....here's a protest song:     Subterranean Homesick Blues     Bob Dylan

Merely OneTokeOTL
Honored Social Butterfly

It  Better  End  Soon   ==   Chicago

Ohio   ==   CSNY

Honored Social Butterfly

World  Wide  Rebel  Songs   ==   Tom  Morello

Society's Child     Janis Ian

Merely OneTokeOTL
Honored Social Butterfly

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

War   ==   Edwin  Starr

WAR!!   HUH!   Good  God  Y'all

What  is  it  good  for!

Absolutely  Nothing!!

Regular Contributor

Yes I like that song too
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

"UNKNOWN SOLDIER"- THE DOORS
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Social Butterfly

"THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED"- GIL SCOTT HERRON. " "TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN'"_BOB DYLAN. I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT TITLE- BUT A MEMORABLE EXAMPLE BY COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Y0ekr-3So
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Silver Conversationalist

@I4832601 That there piece by Country Joe and the Fish is "The Fixin' to Die Rag" - Oh, and the song's intro is something else, too. 😉
Have an amazing day
Silver Conversationalist

My all time favorite is 

The Battle Hymn of the Republic

Honored Social Butterfly

I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die-Rag   ==   Country  Joe &  The  Fish

Well  it's  one-two-three

What  are  we  fightin'  for

Don't  ask  me  I  don't  give  a  **bleep**

I'm  goin'  off  to  Vietnam!

Raise A Little Hell     Trooper   from 1978

Merely OneTokeOTL
Honored Social Butterfly

Annie Lennox  Sing

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png