Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Mom Tribute, with "Oldies" (40's, 50's, 60's+ Spotify Playlist)

Conversationalist

Mom Tribute, with "Oldies" (40's, 50's, 60's+ Spotify Playlist)

So many times we pay tribute to those we have lost.  But why does it have to be that way?  Why not pay tribute to those close to us while they are still alive?  We should have something similar to the Kennedy Center Honors, which pays tribute to performing artists for their lifetime contributions to American culture.  But why not pay tribute for a lifetime contribution of caring and love?  Seldom do we share such feelings and memories in such a tribute fashion to those close to us.

Some 80 years ago today, On February 6, 1942 perhaps the single most important person on the planet, at least to me, was born.  She is one of the strongest, most resilient, caring , loving persons I know.  She is my role model, my hero, my mom.

So this blog is in honor of my mom, a tribute to my mom, yes, while very alive and well.  I wish it to serve as a memory of her, as well as the playlist, which I hope brings many memories of special moments with people near and dear to her heart over the years.  I know it does for me.  I have listened to much of the music of her childhood, young adult, and later adult years, and have come to love and appreciate it perhaps as much as she does, though I can have no love and appreciation as great as that which I have for my mom.  I believe “I have been changed for the better because I knew you… I have been changed for good” mom.  I love you beyond word and song.

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life.  Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the moment.  Listen to the MUSIC!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/seasons-of-love-a-tribute-to-mom-on-her-80th-birthday/

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Love the tribute to your Mom! My own Mom is

turning 90 this year so I know how you feel

about honoring her now. Lots of great songs

on there but my fav Mom song is 

“I’ll always love my Mama” by the Intruders 🎼💜

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP