Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Mediterranean Blues - highlights of Keeping the Blues Alive Mediterranean II Cruise

Conversationalist

Mediterranean Blues - highlights of Keeping the Blues Alive Mediterranean II Cruise

Joe Bonamassa, the face and sound of current American blues, has taken on the mantle of Blues guitar in the U.S. from B.B. King whom he opened for at just the age of 12.  Joe established his Keeping the Blues Alive foundation, with a mission โ€œto conserve the art of music in schools by funding projects, scholarships, and grants that preserve music education for the next generation. Every week, we donate to a school in need of instruments, sheet music, supplies and more in the effort to uphold the rich culture and history of the Blues as a true American art form.โ€  

One of their fundraisers for the foundation includes his Keeping the Blues Alive At Sea cruises, with 6 Caribbean and now 2 Mediterranean cruises.  Popular acts have included John Hiatt, Blues Traveler, Bruce Hornsby, Eric Gale, Los Lobos, Monte Montgomery, Buddy Guy, George Thorogood, and Peter Frampton.  But if our cruise is any indicator, the less popular acts are equally fantastic.

Come on a magical journey with me - check out the blog for some video highlights of the trip, in addition to some photos of old world Greece, with a link to my Spotify playlist of songs by artists on the cruise.

Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the moment.  Listen to the Blues Music!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/mediterranean-blues/

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The photos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Enjoyed your pictures! Your song choices are

good as well. A very respectable version of

โ€œIโ€™d rather go blindโ€ but I have to say I

absolutely LOVE the Etta James version ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’œ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP