Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Here Comes The Sun - Fun Sun Songs

Conversationalist

Here Comes The Sun - Fun Sun Songs

July 24, 1969 the Beatles recorded “Sun King” for their Abbey Road album.  Since we’re in the midst of summer, I though in addition to my recent Summer Songs and Summertime Fun Songs playlists, I’d feature a playlist of Sunsongs to enjoy during the summer, or any time of year, if trying to be bright, cheery, or warm up.

The song “Sun King” is, per John Lennon, “a piece of garbage I had around,” and, per Paul McCartney, utter nonsense.  Its title is a nod to King Louis XIV, also known as Louis the Great or the Sun King, as the universe revolved around him.  His reign of over 72 years is the longest in history for any monarch of a country.  The lyrics borrow a few foreign words strung together in meaningless fashion, along with a Liverpool expression, “chicka ferdi,” that while John says means “ha ha ha,” Paul intimates it means “f*** off.”

Song greats on the playlist include, in addition to the title song, “I’ll Follow The Sun,” “Sun King,” “Waiting for the Sun,” “Invisible Sun,” “House of the Rising Sun,” “Soak Up The Sun,” “Seasons In The Sun,” “Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Crying,” “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me,” “Behind The Sun,” “Black Hole Sun,” “Sunny,” “Sunshine,” “Let The Sunshine In,” “We’ll Sing In The Sunshine,” “Sunshine On My Shoulders,” “Sunday Morning Sunshine,” “Walking On Sunshine,” “You Are The Sunshine Of My Life,” “Ain’t No Sunshine,” “Tequila Sunrise,” “Heart of the Sunrise,” and “Sunset Grill.”  Another fun summer playlist.

https://listentothemusicblog.com/here-comes-the-sun-fun-sun-songs/

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life.  Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the sunny moments  Listen to the MUSIC!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good songs! Here are a few more from classic rock that might work…

Touched By The Sun - Carly Simon

Rising Sun - George Harrison 

See Your Sunshine - Paul McCartney

Fat Old Sun - Pink Floyd

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun - Pink Floyd

Sunspot Baby - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band 

Wasted Sunsets - Deep Purple

These two are drawn from a common period of time, but opposite ends of the spectrum:

The Sun Is Burning - Simon & Garfunkel (Cold War, nuclear bomb)

Under The Same Sun - Scorpions  (post-Cold War, peace)

And while this doesn’t really fit the classic style or mood of your playlist, it is a beautifully written song …

Sleeping Sun - Nightwish 

https://youtu.be/UGfKMV5AbMI

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist! You missed one from the 

Beach Boys: The warmth of the sun 🎼💜

Conversationalist

Wow, how'd I miss that one?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP