Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

HAVE WE DONE "UNITELLIGIBLE LYRICS" YET?

Social Butterfly

HAVE WE DONE "UNITELLIGIBLE LYRICS" YET?

E.G.  " LOUIE, LOUIE" THE KINGSMEN;  OR "SHORE LEAVE"- TOM WAITS;

SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Conversationalist

Island Girl: Elton John - At least part of the lyrics

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hey You - Pink Floyd

The line:

"And the worms ate into his brain"

What I heard:

"And the words sank into his brain"

Of course, my version doesn't fit with the album's theme at all, but it's a bit more pleasant Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

WHAT ABOUT "DARK SIDE OF THE MOON" -PINK FLOYD?
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Conversationalist

The Israelites: Desmond Dekker and the Aces

Louie Louie: Kingsmen - At least for part of the song

Honored Social Butterfly

Remember the commercial where people are listening to Elton John sing Rocket Man, and trying to figure out the words -

Rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

"GROUND CONTROL(MAJOR TOM)"- DAVID BOWIE;
Regular Social Butterfly

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida -- Iron Butterfly

Apoarently, as the story goes, the song was originally written as In the Garden of Eden, but the Iron Butterfly organist / vocalist who wrote the song (Doug Ingle) was so drunk the first time he tried to sing it for one of his bandmates, that it came out In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida instead, and that just stuck. 

Social Butterfly

GREAT TO KNOW THAT BACKSTORY1 THANKS!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

SOMEHOW, I MISSED THAT ONE !
Regular Contributor

Mother by  Danzig

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

IT WASN'T UNINTELLIGIBLE, BUT "PURPLE SKY " BY HENDRIX WAS OFTEN MISQUOTED:" EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY" WAS OFTEN QUOTED AS "EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THIS GUY". THEN THERE WAS "BORN A REBEL("BARNEY RUBBLE") BY TOM PETTY!
Recognized Social Butterfly

DO DO DA DA DA

Social Butterfly

YOU'VE REMINDED ME OF "LAND OF A THOUSAND DANCES " BY WILSON PICKET:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mz_EXHKGHs

Regular Social Butterfly

Stop Stop Stop by The Hollies:

"Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or Iโ€™ll have to leaveโ€ฆ"

For some reason, I always heard this as "Stop, stop, stop, Paula Nancy..." but thought it was a more exotic version of those names combined. 

I also never realized they were playing a banjo in this. I just assumed it was some Middle Eastern stringed instrument like an oud or a saz. Because who dances to a banjo with cymbals on her fingers, a ruby glistening from her navel, and bells on her feet that go ting a ling a linging?

I also never caught the last part where he basically loses it and assaults her (every week!):

"Now I hold her, people are staring, donโ€™t know what to think
And we struggle knocking over tables, spilling all the drinks. 

Canโ€™t they understand that I want her? Happens every week. 
Heavy hand upon my collar throws me in the street."

Sheeesh! And growing up I thought this was just a nice little song!

Social Butterfly

FROM WHAT SONG IS THAT?
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP