Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Guitar solo

What’s some of your favorite guitar solos when you start moving your head up and down pretending your doing the lick. I’ll start with Stairway to Heaven.

Recognized Social Butterfly

"Scratchy" * Travis Wammack

He had a hit with this at age 17, Jan. 1964, He was one of  the first guitarist to use fuzztone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEo50qRV24g&ab_channel=TravisWammack-Topic

Honored Social Butterfly

While my guitar gently weeps. Cover done

by Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Steve Winwood,

Prince and Dhani Harrison. Tribute to

George from 2004. The guitar solo by

Prince is amazing 🎼💜

Recognized Social Butterfly

Eric Stewart of 10cc, solo on "Blackmail" from the "Original Soundtrack" Lp 75'. Stewart had been with Wayne Fontana & Mindbenders, Mindbenders, Hotlegs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglgVbtj608&ab_channel=10ccFanClub

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

...Not exactly a single guitar solo, but ran across this video while listenening to a song from one of @MaVolta 's contributions.  Starting a whole new topic just to post a link seemed extreme so here's the link for Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan In Session from 1983:

In Session https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqekVZH3B_Q 

Honored Social Butterfly

@EricC28201 - I didn’t listen to the full hour session, but Born Under A Bad Sign is great! Thanks for the link. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Glen Campbell's gentle on my mind and Jerry reed's guitar man,Elvis' cover. and about anything Tommy Emmanuel does. 

Honored Social Butterfly

A Light In The Black - Rainbow /  Blackmore

Can’t believe I forgot this one! One of his best solos.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

Fifty Fifty-Zappa 

Trusted Social Butterfly

From Over - Nite Sensation which also had Jean Luc Ponty on Violins and Tina Turner and The Ikettes (uncredited) on Back-Up Vocals...awesome album.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Solo by Jesse Ed Davis on Jackson Browne's Doctor My Eyes.

Rumor has it that he was listening to the track while tuning his guitar and was winging it when he played the riff.

Super Contributor

I'm surprised it hasn't been said yet, but Stairway To Heaven by ... well you know who. I would also add Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Honored Social Butterfly

Crazy Train - Ozzy, Randy Rhoads on guitar 

There may be even better examples by RR, but I heard this one playing yesterday, so here it is.

Honored Social Butterfly

What I like about you     Romantics

Honored Social Butterfly

Kashmir, Led Zeppelin (Jimmy Page)

Honored Social Butterfly

Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann’s Earth Band / Dave Flett

Trusted Social Butterfly

Classical Gas - Mason Williams

Bronze Conversationalist

An outstanding guitarist, Chet Atkins, played as if there were two or three guitars playing at the same time. His version of Stars and Stripes Forever is a classic. You can see and hear him play that song on a You Tube video which captured him live in 1982.

Honored Social Butterfly

You wreck me     Tom Petty

Honored Social Butterfly

Big love, Lindsey Buckingham

Trusted Social Butterfly

Always With Me Always With You - Joe Satriani

3:20 In a Sailplane soaring above your favorite scenery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsJisD7n8_Q

Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Oye como va   Carlos Santana

Super Contributor

Free Bird -Lynyrd Skynyrd 

Honored Social Butterfly

Catch The Rainbow  -  Rainbow / Ritchie Blackmore 

Nothing flashy, just a beautiful, melodic guitar solo for a great ballad. He didn’t write a lot of ballads back then, with Rainbow or Purple, but when he did, they were awesome. Just never understood why he didn’t like some of them.

Silver Conversationalist

I've just been looking through this list as far back as a month or so ago and not even once has anyone mentioned INNA GADA DAVIDA. YEAH!!! THERE IS SOME GOOD TASTE STILL LEFT IN THIS WORLD!!! Thankyou everyone for overlooking this horrible attempt at a drum solo.(had to put it here cos' there's no category for drum solos!!!)

Honored Social Butterfly

Gimme shelter, Stones (Keith Richards)

Honored Social Butterfly

I’m Just A Singer In A Rock And Roll Band - Justin Hayward / The Moody Blues  💛

He is an excellent lead guitarist as well as lead singer and composer. I think that is often overlooked. 🎸 🎶 

Honored Social Butterfly

I Put A Spell On You  -  John Fogerty (with or without CCR)

The original is excellent, but his live versions are extraordinary. 

Honored Social Butterfly

La Grange, ZZ Top (Billy Gibbons)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP