Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

GO Now! - "Go" Songs

On June 2, 1984, Wham! Had their first UK No.1 with โ€œWake Me Up Before You Go Go.โ€ George Michael received inspiration for the song from a scribbled note by his bandmate Andrew Ridgeley which read โ€œwake me up before you you go.โ€ Playing off the erroneous inclusion of โ€œyouโ€ twice in the note, George included โ€œgoโ€ twice in the lyrics. The song, a homage to the upbeat music of the 50โ€™s and 60โ€™s, made Wham! an overnight sensation.

Georgeโ€™s Go serves as springboard for todayโ€™s playlists โ€œGO Now.โ€ Artists often suggest where or how to go. The Cars simply appealed โ€œLets Go,โ€ Prince โ€œLets Go Crazy,โ€ and the Raspberries โ€œLets Go All The Way.โ€ Both the Del Vikings and Expose implored โ€œCome Go With Me.โ€ While The Moody Blues urged โ€œGo Nowโ€ and Fleetwood Mac furthered โ€œGo Your Own Way,โ€ instead KC & The Sunshine Band begged โ€œPlease Donโ€™t Go,โ€ and Van Morrison in agreement pleaded โ€œBaby Please Donโ€™t Go.โ€ And given I went to Rockville High School, I always laughed at the advice of REM โ€œDonโ€™t Go Back To Rockvilleโ€ (and waste another yearโ€ฆ) ๐Ÿคฃ Yet Eddie Money insisted โ€œI Wanna Go Back.โ€ But Chuck Berry felt he had โ€œNo Particular Place To Go.โ€ And hearts and love often are in the crosshairs โ€“ Elton John โ€œDonโ€™t Go Breaking My Heart,โ€ Bread with โ€œLet Your Love Go,โ€ The Supremes โ€œWhere Did Our Love Go,โ€ Celine Dion โ€œMy Heart Will Go On,โ€ and Alan Jackson โ€œIโ€™ll Go On Loving You.โ€

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a โ€œrevival: a new presentation of something old,โ€ a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life. Live in the moment. Enjoy the moment. Love the moment. Listen to the MUSIC!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/go-now-go-songs/

Regular Social Butterfly

The Rolling Stones -- As Tears Go By

Marvin Gaye -- What's Going On?

Canned Heat -- Going Up the Country

Bob Dylan -- Most Likely You Go Your Way (and I'll Go Mine)

Bob Dylan -- You Ain't Goin' Nowhere

Bob Dylan -- You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go

Bob Dylan -- A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Elton John -- Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me

Mรถtley Crรผe -- Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

Blondie -- Just Go Away

Honored Social Butterfly

As per usual, great job on your playlist!

Here's my contribution (lol),

โœง Naked Eyes - 'When The Lights Go Out'
โœง Bow Wow Wow - 'Go Wild In The Country'
โœง Flesh For Lulu - 'I Go Crazy'
โœง Morphine - 'Do Not Go Quietly Unto Your Grave'
โœง The Go-Go's - 'Get Up And Go'
โœง Def Leppard - 'Let it Go'
โœง Tones On Tail - 'Go!'
โœง Pretenders - 'I Go To Sleep'
โœง The Cure - 'Let's Go To Bed'

Just wanted to point out...REM - (Don't Go Back to) Rockville is listed twice.

No Alan Jackson video.png

Thanks for any consideration. ๐Ÿ™‚

Conversationalist

So we all missed a BIG "Go" song: The Clash's "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" - not sure how I missed that one!!!

Conversationalist

Added. Can't believe I left off Naked Eyes - love that album... Will give the others a listen, arrange, figure if all worthy of the feel of the list (some I don't know). Thanks!

(Also, forgot the kid ANTHEM "Let It Go" from Frozen - adding ๐Ÿคฃ)

Honored Social Butterfly

Thatโ€™s quite the playlist! 

You mentioned Live from Darrylโ€™s House. I happened on to that one during lockdown, and it really is worth exploring. 

Here are a few more that you might like . . .

Donโ€™t It Make You Want To Go Home, Joe South

That Ainโ€™t No Way To Go, Brooks & Dunn

Foreverโ€™s As Far As Iโ€™ll Go, Alabama

Go And Say Goodbye, Buffalo Springfield

Will It Go Round In Circles, Billy Preston

Just A Song Before I Go, CSN

Letting Go, Paul McCartney

Nowhere To Go, George Harrison

The Show Must Go On, Pink Floyd

The Show Must Go On, Queen

The Show Must Go On, Three Dog Night

Where Do I Go From Here, Elvis

Where Is A Man To Go, Roger Daltrey

Who Says You Canโ€™t Go Home, Bon Jovi (also Bon Jovi w/ Jennifer Nettles)

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Conversationalist

added, will listen and arrange - can't believe I left off the various The Show Must Go On's, lol - know all of them, of course... Also CSN (luckily not Y, as Neil Young has pulled all of his songs solo and in collaboration off of Spotify).  Thanks!

Honored Social Butterfly

Such good memories brought back with this one! 
I loved Wham and that song was so engrained in

my music library. Not sure if this classic fits or not:

Going to a go-go, Miracles

Loved all the videos!

Conversationalist

Thought of that in the car this morning, that I had left if off - thanks for reminding me ๐Ÿ™‚ 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP