Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

When  are you going to let me jam with you with my sax?

0 Kudos
Contributor

We live in Missouri, so we know a few "off the beaten path" holes to fish in.  My 10 year old daughter LOVES to trout fish.  Hank, you are welcome, but she wouldn't know you sing or your legacy.  Guess I need to get her watching some Austin City Limits huh?!  LOL!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask him who he looks up to and who he would most like to meet.......past or present

0 Kudos

Bocephus... how do you want me to cook this fish when we get done...???  then ask if Bobby Richie can come with us and bait my hook..........

0 Kudos
Contributor

Are you kidding?   I would think I had died and gone to heaven!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Do you have Grandkids and do you fish with them.I fish with my 11yr Grandson all the time and love it. Thanks Dennis L

0 Kudos

My husband and I would love to go fishing with Hank, Jr.! We resently saw a special on TV where he was sharing his cannon collection and stories. His knowledge on the cannons were amazing! We'd love to hear about any stories Hank would like to share.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to go fishing with Hank Williams Jr

0 Kudos
Contributor

Looking forward to fishing with you, Hank; should I bring freshwater or saltwater tackle?

Contributor

I, too, enjoy listening to your songs!
0 Kudos

like to know how you cope with all of your life tragedies?  so hard for me, but fishing helps.

0 Kudos

Hank,

In your song "If You Don't Like Hank Williams" how many of those artists did you have the opportunity to jam with?  Also, everybody loves Linda Ronstadt! 

Let's go drown somes worms!

0 Kudos

Hank,

Have you ever fished for walleye in Lake Erie?  Take me fishing in Florida and I will take you        

fishing for walleye.  The fishing doesn't get any better then pulling in an 8lb. walleye.

Best regards,

Merrill Rausch

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I loved your concert in Spokane WA last summer, will you please come back? There's some good fishing here!!

0 Kudos

I've been a huge fan of Hank Williams for many years..It  would be a dream come true to go fishing with him.

0 Kudos

I would love to fish with Hank....

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank about his pop, my dad and I listened to Jambalaya all the time when I was a kid.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to win this for my husband!!! He is a huge fan!  He would be to the moon if I surprised him with this. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Shreveport 1951.  Hank Williams wrote "I Heard That Lonesome Whistle Blow" while living at my grandparents' place next to a train crossing close to Hollywood Ave.  Toddler Hank Williams, Jr., would visit there.  My Mother and Dad remembered this and told me of this many times.  They are all gone now.  Hey, I would love to go fishing with Hank for the fun and to see who will catch the most fish. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask what he likes to fish for and what bait or lures he would use and where his favorite fishing spot is.  I wouldn't expect him to give up his favorite spot, but a girl can try, can't she?

0 Kudos
Contributor

hey, Hank  What will we be fishing for and have you been doing any hunting lately?

0 Kudos
Contributor

besides your father who was a great man who has influenced your life

0 Kudos

I listen to your father when I was young and then later I wrote a song, Hank Williams The Legend Lives on, under A mixed Bag by Jimmy Cassell on amazon. I would like to play it for you on a break from fishing!
0 Kudos
Contributor

love your music hope to meet you

0 Kudos
Contributor

Please take me fishing Hank !!

0 Kudos

Would love to give this trip to my husband for his birthday.
0 Kudos

You ever hear of the Ramblin Rose, in Llano, TX home of Coopers barbeque.

0 Kudos

I am used to having to fish from the shore, I can only imagine what kind of vessel we would use while fishing with Hank Williams Jr. Of course I would be carrying my harmonicas, peace.

2015-11-14 11.43.22-2.jpg

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hank I love your music and your Dad's! Was it exciting to record a new album? Your Fans have missed you! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

It would be the highlite of my life!

0 Kudos