Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Hank what do you do when you want privacy in doing everyday things such as shopping or going out to eat?   Would love to go fishing with you.  

0 Kudos

My son has been a big fan of Hank Jr since he was a small boy. We went twice to see him in concert. He is 36 now and his question would be.. Can we go fishing? He would love it! And he would even bring his own boat! Lol lol
0 Kudos

Why do you drink, Why do you roll smoke, Why must you live out the songs that you wrote?

Want to go fishing!!!!

0 Kudos

My brother and I grew up spending summers with our Dad on our Grandpappy's farm in Sparta, Tennesee. Our parents were divorced so the rest of the time we lived with our Mom in Detroit, Michigan. They were two very different worlds. Seems like your childhood must have been something like that.

Dad was a State Trooper and like your Father, died way too young.

Of all the things you've done in your life which thing would have made him the most proud?

I know what mine would be.

Bob Broyles

0 Kudos

Dear hank, 30 yrs ago plus we fished and watered skied a lot.. like ever weekend for 2 or 3 yrs my husband and I always took our best spotting buddy Don. We always played Family year tradition, Very loud on the boat. always played your tunes,, they bring back the most incredible and funniest years on the water, unfortunately we lost Don 6 yrs ago due to a drug and booze - he took his life at Christmas - your music we have always loved, whats a real kicker is my brother really loves your sons music got the meet and greet thing going with vip passes . we never had the money to do that with U. we still fish and crab now here in the NW. and yes the boat he called the family tradition. even thu we couldn't have kids. still waitin for him to pant it on the back of the boat. piece out,, happy fishin and merry xmas. sue smith- lance smiths good hearted woman..
0 Kudos
Contributor

I love country music and i love to fish. I think you would make a wonderful fishing buddy.

0 Kudos
Contributor

If you could retire anywhere where would it be??

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hank if you knew you were going to live this long would you have toned her down a bit along the way, I know I would have, ah maybe not, lets go fishing. have ya ever done hard water fishing (ice fishing)
0 Kudos

Looking forward to fishing with you.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank, whats the best thing that's ever happened to him
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Mr. Williams how his music has mirrored his life.

0 Kudos

I am a huge Hank Jr fan. Although I'm not a fisherman. I probably wouldn't be the best choice. One of my questions would. Other than yourself who is your favorite song writer? I know Waylon like J.J. Cale. What song writer have you had the most success with? What is your favorite city to perform and why? How many songs did you record under Bo Cephus? I think I have 3. I don't have mental revenge. I also have a copy of your movie A Time To SING. I like it. Also, I would like to see a Hank Jr and Family Album and tour, with Hank III and his daughters. Also, last but not least, he did an album about his dad's life, Hank Williams Sr in song and story. I would like to see someone do Hank Jr in song and story. Thank you
0 Kudos

Dear Hank,

What was the worst weather you've fished in?

0 Kudos
Contributor

What kind of fish will we be fishing, will we also cook it and if so, how, and what type of libation should I bring? 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

When I go fishing with Hank Jr. I would like to ask him if he has ever been on Lake Ouachita in Mount Ida, Arkansas and if so what lead him to it. Then we'll talk for hours about how awesome it is and then hours about livng in Florida. 

0 Kudos

Fishing with Hank Jr. I'm in!  I would love the opportunity to ask Hank Jr. who has been his musical influence over the years and who he thinks is an upcoming talent who he would like to mentor. Joe S.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband has listened to your music for years.  He loves fishing.  He would like to ask you -- what is it is like in Willie Nelson's bus - for real?  That is just one of the many questions.  He plays guitar and loves to play "All My Rowdy Friends".  I know he would love to play with you as well as fish.

Thanks.

Margaret Miller 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just to go fishing is awesome, not to mention with Hank Williams Jr.
0 Kudos

What a way to spend the day!  Fishing and conversation with Hank!  Couldn't get any better!!

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Contributor

do you fish in the rain
0 Kudos

Ready to go Hank.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, Hank.

I would like to go fishin' with ya'.

Todd
0 Kudos

I don't know much about Hank Williams Jr. or his music, but I do know enough that I would love to go fishing with him!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Fishing with Boseefus? You Betcha! I would have a hard time with just one question can I start with three? Like: Hank, why do you drink? Why do you roll smoke? Why must you live out the songs that you wrote? My bags are packed, I'm ready to go... Let's go spend a day on the water! Fishin" to me is a "Family Tradition"
0 Kudos
Contributor

In my life I've had a little drink,a little smoke,listen to all you wrote.Call me,we'll catch some fish and some stories

0 Kudos

I would ask him if he has taken his grandkids and let them experience the great outdoors!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Fishing with Boseefus? You Betcha! I would have a hard time with just one question can I start with three? Like: Hank, why do you drink? Why do you roll smoke? Why must you live out the songs that you wrote? My bags are packed, I'm ready to go... Let's go spend a day on the water!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Did you ever want to be anything other than a Country Music entertainer ?

0 Kudos

Mr. Willams, what was your greatest day on the water?
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg