Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

wade in the water fishing??/

0 Kudos
Contributor

The question I would ask him Is  Would you like to Kick back and relax and enjoy some good fisihing and have a beer?  You propably get asked too many questions anyway. My husband and I would  enjoy the company

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband is an avid fisherman and would love to spend a day fishing with Hank 🙂

0 Kudos

I would ask him if he remembers playing in Ohio he was really young I think it was like Green Springs Ohio at a conservation club or a Grange it had a pond out back small one floor building. I'm 58 so it was like 48 yrs ago? Summertime screen doors on the building. I don't know if he was 18 I think his mom was with him. My mom took me and my sister
0 Kudos
Contributor

Fishing with Hank.  A country boy can survive.

0 Kudos

I would love to fish with Hank and ask him why he hasn't run for political office. It was rumored in 2012 that he might. Does he consider it as a possibility for another stage in his life? Here in Alabama, or Tennessee? He's very passionate in his convictions, and could contribute with the vast amount of business and legal acumen accumulated with a career like his. Just curious...and would love to fish too! Shell crackers or blue water!!! 

0 Kudos

Hank I would love to be considered one of your rowdy friends. Do you prefer freshwater or saltwater fishing? I would love to spend time with you in a bass boat!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Can I get you another adult beverage?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have listened to Hank and his fathers music since I was in my mothers womb.  Been to a few of Hanks concerts and would love to ask him of his favorite memories of growing up. The fish he has caught and the game he has hunted. I would bring my dad of 80 years and love to fish with Hank.  Thanks for reading

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank, what was the biggest fish he ever caught.

0 Kudos

It would be a dream come true to spend the day Fla. fishing with Hank! Back in the '80's, Hank played at the Front Row in Cleveland. I took my little brother, who was 11. He was a huge fan, as was I. Hank walked down our row, and stopped and shook my brothers hand! Even thou my brother passed away 2 years ago, it was a memory we shared over and over thru the years. To this day, listening to Hank's music gives me a great memory of a great concert spent with my brother. My question would be does he remember playing at the Front Row in Cleveland, even though now, the building has been torn down? Thanks!

0 Kudos

When you were out partying with Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson, what is the best story you can tell me. I would love to hear the details.

I live in Florida and would love to go fishing with you and my husband.

Ilene Moss-Liefer
0 Kudos

If you where 35 again, Besides a relative, who would you like to hang with for just one more day, past or present?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have always listened to Hank and all of the good old country music.  My dad was the one who started us listening to country music.  I would love to bring him and fish with Hank.  I would ask Hank about the times and memories that he remembers with his Dad.   Thanks

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have seen Hank a few times in concert.  Would love to meet and fish with Hank and my Dad of 80 years.  I would love to ask Hank to tell us some of his memories with his dad.   Thanks for reading and giving someone this grand opportunity. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to hear about the times you had with Waylon and Willie.  I am sure there are some stories that you could share while we are sitting on the boat drinking a Jack and coke.   I would bring my dad of 80 and share some of our stories.   Thanks for reading. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

As a love for fishing and all of Hanks songs I would love to take my dad on the fishing trip of his and my lifetime.  I would ask Hank what was it like knowing Elvis , Willie, Waylon, Johny Cash,  and all of the other Icons?  Thanks fo listening.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hank:

Have you ever been fishing in Michigan's Upper Pennisula ?

0 Kudos

What are the influences that result in new music for you?  What are those things or events that produces new lyrics and tunes?

0 Kudos

Are we going to keep a few for shore lunch?

0 Kudos
Contributor

What was your biggest fish and how long did it take you to land it
0 Kudos
Contributor

What was your biggest fish and how long did it take you to landing
0 Kudos
Contributor

My dad loved Hank, Jr. and other classic country greats. I have fond memories of growing up listening to him and other artists with my dad and brother while playing poker, Monopoly, Yahtzee, and games. Would love an opportunity to hang with Hank!
0 Kudos

Can we enter more than once?
0 Kudos

I wouldn't ask him ONE THING about music. I would ask him to get my hook out of the tree a couple of times. I'd ask him to then re-rig my line, except I jave a feeling Bo could get it outta there without snapping my line. I'd ask if he brought a fat joint. I'd ask if he brought some lightning. I would ask him about the rising up of the new South. I'd ask if he remembers my now-deceased love, Big Chuck (Duck) who tattooed Kid Rock on one of his visits to our Benton & Henry counties. I might mention the hilarity & stick-to-your-guns, no bs approach he took on the Jeff Foxworthy show--EPIC, I tell you. It was obvious he had a new publicist trying to appeal to a different, younger crowd. Bo will ALWAYS have a following, young and old die-hards. I love how he threw off the headset and cussed and stomped off the set. I furthermore love that Foxworthy's people kept that bit in the show. I'd check his hand for a certain tattoo, but may or may not comment on it.
I WOULD ASK HIM TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT, OR, AT LEAST, GOVERNOR. THAT is what I would ask Hank Williams, Jr.--the do-his-own-thang lyrical and musical genius. If I work up the courage, I would tell him congrats on scoring a bikini model and go on to let him know he was my first crush. I would tell him how I'd stop by the office, as Mr. Kilgore said I should, and turn red as a beet, flustered, just from hearing his voice in the other room, asking for cheesecake. I cherish the day Merle said I had 3 minutes-lol-to read him something that I wrote while he cleaned his desk. It was long, but before the end of the second sentence, he stopped what he was doing and hung on every word. Fishing with Hank would be a dream come true. Please.....you KNOW this is the greatest answer...hehe.
0 Kudos

Are you born to boogie?
0 Kudos

Where the fish at ?
0 Kudos
Contributor

My boyfriend would love this. He has loved Hank Williams Jr. A long time. We have also been to a couple of concerts. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

When you sing songs from years past, how differently do you experience the lyrics given your life experiences?

0 Kudos

I would ask Hank if he would like to take my soldier son and his father fishing? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg