Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Hank, what ever happen to the Bama Band? You ever talk to Anamial Wayne or Lamar Morris?

0 Kudos

Hank, I have been to 70 of your concerts, I live in Columbus Ohio, I first saw you in Febuary 1986 at the Ohio center. I have seen you play in Ohio and the surrounding states, my question would you rather play in a place like the Ohio center or the Jamboree in the hills? I met Meral Kilgore back in 1991 in Dayton Ohio great guy!

0 Kudos

Looking forward to fishin with Hank!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Let's do this Hank....

0 Kudos

Hank, Fishing is good but hunting is better. What is your favorite rifle? Ready for a Beer?
0 Kudos

I would love to win this trip for my husband and army son. They are both avid fisherman and love Hank Williams Jr. Along with all the older country stars. I would ask and would love to hear stories of how it was starting out and all the stories of his child life
0 Kudos

I seen Hank Jr perform at WeFest in Minnesota last summer. Somewhere between the country rap, ML-BS's break up news-hearing Hank perform was what the music should be about. Anyway, I would ask him if fishing in MN for walleye was good? I live there, camp there, snowmobile there and think it's one of the best places to be!
0 Kudos

My Question:  Would a good ole boy come up to visit us up in Alaska for some real King Salmon fishing?  

0 Kudos

allways loved your music  all ready in florida you can save the flight money ill take you fishing

0 Kudos

FISHING ON THE CHESAPEAKE BAY,HILTON HEAD IS, DONE THAT,READY FOR FLORIDA.
WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
0 Kudos

I'm a BIG fan.  Fishing with Hank would be a kick, cause us Country Boys can Survive.

0 Kudos

what is aRED fish i live in WISC we don't have red fish here.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Hank:  I have lived on a lake for 21 years and I catch big bass and big catfish.  I love the adrenaline rush when I get a big fish on the line and I know that I must fight hard to land the fish.  Question:  Do you love that rush?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hank:  I've lived on this lake for 21 years.  I catch big bass and channel catfish.  Tell me how much you love the adrenaline rush when you get a big one on the line and you aren't sure if you are going to bring him in.  The question:  Do you love it?

0 Kudos

Do you want another cold beer?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank if fishing is his favorite pastime to relax.

0 Kudos
Contributor

You know he would make it a 'good time'!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hey Hank,

Let's go crank in some Lunkers....

So to be your Favorite Fishing Buddy,

Big Bob

0 Kudos

My husband and I love his music. My husband is a disabled Vet and loves to fish. This would be a great gift for him. His question, what tool get him motivated when he gets stuck writting music? Clay is also learning to play guitar, so between fishing they can talk about music
0 Kudos
Contributor

I know Hank, Jr. loves our vets I've got a one of a kind original patriotic song that would go a long way for helping our warriors and vets, just need to get the pitch on to the right folks !! I would ask Mr. Hank, Jr. if he would listen to the lyrics then do a a version or concert for a benefit to our soldiers and vets at home and overseas!! Would'nt that be something for us all !!

Thanks ---WJL. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

What is your most favorite gun that you've collected?

0 Kudos

I would ask him what was the one strength he called upon when he was at his lowest point. When I was diagnosed with SLE Lupus and Scleroderma 10 years ago I had to find something that would take my mind to a happy place. Hank Jr. music is what my husband and I listened to on our dates in Highschool. I started listening to Hank Jr. whenever I was down and it brought back memories that made me smile! I couldn't be sad and smile at the same time. I love music like never before now. What made Hank Jr smile when everything seemed bad? So happy to get to see him when he is in concert  within a few hundred miles of us. Hank jr and fishing, two of the things my husband of 32 years love to share. If I could go fishing with Hank I would show him my fish cleaning skills! Tonya

0 Kudos

I would love so much to fish with Hank! He is a resident of PIKE COUNTY ALABAMA and I have met him a few times at Laney Auto in Troy. A true Southern Gentleman and outdoorsman!

0 Kudos

I would ask Hank how does a country boy survive these days From Ron in Fl
0 Kudos
Contributor

my 98 year o0ld grandfather would love to see us fishing.  please allow me to join you

Joseph Robert Ferroni
0 Kudos

My ? When in the hell are you gonna hawl them all down around Spartanburg again? lol Loved your shows here in 79 and through out the 80's! I was hook after seeing you from 11years old to now almost ever year! HANK IT
0 Kudos

Well, Hank, I could ask about your Daddy. Probably ask that a million times.

All those great songs, just which is your favorite. Na! we'll just listen to'em all

When you fish, do you hold your mouth just right? I could teach you that!

So!

What is your favorite fish to fish for when you are fishin for the fish you like to fish for?

0 Kudos

I would ask Hank if he has ever fished in the state of Colorado and where?

0 Kudos

I would love for my hardworking, never takes a vacation, husband to spend 2 days fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.  Heck, he would even enjoy spending 2 days fishing with Hank Parker!  Any day fishing is better than any day on the job. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to tip a few with Hank after a long day of fishing. How does that sound Hank?

0 Kudos