Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

Message 2311 of 4,661

Hello Hank:

As someone who loves to fish I have always said a "bad" day fishing always beats a "good" day at work. My question for you if you choose me as your fishing partner is: What was your best day fishing and the highlight moment of your country music career. My Best, Butch

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2312 of 4,661
Hank do you really know how to fish?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2313 of 4,661
From one country boy to another, let's go fishin!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2314 of 4,661

Would be a great time to visit and learn more about this talented man

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2315 of 4,661

Not sure if I'm doing this right either, but I grew up with Hank Sr.'s music in the house along with learning to fish from my dad.  I now jam with some guys in Conway, AR, one of whom always plays both your and your dad's music, we love it.  I would like to ask Hank when did he first learn to fish and who taught him and share my story with Hank.  I'm a fiddle player and would also ask for some music tips from Hank.  Our group is called the Shade Tree Jammers, (on Facebook) we play for fun, and never money.  Will Hank ever play "just for fun" if and when he retires from the spotlight?  Would love to have him jam with us sometime.  Does he ever feel like he has gotten burned out from the stress of stardom, and would just like to sit back and fish all day?...and if he does feel burned out, why doesn't he just relax a while.  I'd love to fish with Hank and hear his favorite stories.  I used to live up at KY Lake about 1 mile from Hank's place and love fishing KY lake.   Please pick me to fish with you Hank...we could just sit and relax with the fishing poles and not even talk if that was all you wanted to do, or answer questions for me.  Thanks for listening, have a wonder healthy and prosperous New Year.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2316 of 4,661

I would ask Hank Jr. What type of fishing he prefers. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 2317 of 4,661

HERE'S THE QUESTION:  While fishing would YOU take the time to get to know a stranger? 

Well to be honest I'm entering for my husband actually I never really knew about Hank Williams or Hank Williams Jr. except when my Dad was watching Hee Haw.  Of which I was not very fond of I was pretty young at the time.  Well to make a long, story short.  

I received an AARP magazine and "Holy Tamales".......  I see this contest. So excited that after several attempts of logging in due to forgetting my password twice. I made it!  You see I got a Kindle and on Prime Music my husband found your songs.  Well I'm just saying My Music Library is full of your music.  No offence I even asked my husband if you were still alive. Nonetheless what a coincidence being this contest and all...

Listening to your music  (actually pretty good) I think my husband knows all the words to most of them.  Well I suppose the chances of fishing with you could be pretty slim  But what the heck my husband plays your music on MY KINDLE just about every day.  I thought I'd give this contest a try.

His name is Jim born in 1949, in Chicago but raised in Sana Fe, NM he enlisted in the Army at 17 (we're talking 60's, Nam, etc., etc.).   Obviously he was born crazy so I figure you guys would get along.  Anyway from your songs as my husband tells it....  You could write a few good lyrics from my husband's living -- his a disabled vet with a rough past.  (a.k.a. The Outlaw)  I figure while fishing my husband could tell YOU a few wild Santa Fe real-day tales of the 60'''s.  Of course being you'd be willing to listen...

Well I'm wishing MYSELF "Good Luck" hoping I can send my husband on a fishing trip of a life-time.

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year's Eve,

Lucy Dunn

Las Cruces, NM

(And 'Yes' We're part of the US..however some folks don't believe it?????)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2318 of 4,661
Hank, what does fishing bring to your life?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2319 of 4,661

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2320 of 4,661

I will ask Hank , what do you reckon is the biggest fish you have caught ? 

Kudos
Views