Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

Where's your favorite place to fish.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Winter is dull. want to go fishing.
0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos

Do you prefer living in Montana or Tennessee?

0 Kudos

Dear Hank Jr.,  I am entering for my surrogate son, Johnny Baird Pickett. He lost his mother, father and brother within the last 6 years. His father loved your father, Hank Williams Sr.,  and Baird loved him as well as a boy, then loved you and your music during his growing up years. He also loves fishing but has no one to go with.  He goes to Georgiana, Al for the Hank Williams festival most every year and played your father's music during his own father's funeral in Montevallo, Al.  Baird has your logo on his facebook page. He is so lonely during the holidays and I thought this fishing trip would cheer him up.  He's not old enough quite yet to join AARP, but I have a been a member for years and would so love to surprise him with this gift of fishing with you.  It would make his wildest dreams come true.  So, please consider him and I love your music also. Thank you, surrogate mom to Johnny Baird Pickett, Montevallo, AL. 

Linda

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I win, I would love to ask Hank if all of his rowdy friends have settled down.

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do you support our troops
0 Kudos
Contributor

Is this where I tell why I wanna go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr?  Thing is, I don't want to go fishing.  Except for the time when I was 8 years old and me and my 60-something neighbor Alf caught 42 bluegill in one afternoon, fishing is the most boring thing I can think of to do.  Hanging with HWJ for an afternoon, however, might be a kick.  We could talk music, recording, songwriting, guitars, road stories and tales of the strange life of the musician.  Oh, and if something bites, well, that's bonus.

0 Kudos

Fishing is fun by itself, but being able to listen to Hank Jr. tell some of his stories while fishing is the ultimate!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to know if Hank wanted to help me finish off this bottle of Crown Royal while we were fishing?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hank, when will you be performing at the Red Dragon Listening Room?

0 Kudos

Be a fun time to fish with hank and shoot the bull for the day.

0 Kudos

Two of favorite things - fishing and Hank Jr.!

@AARPLynne wrote:

The sweepstakes is live--enter today for a chance to win!

0 Kudos

As someone who always had dreams about being a Professional, though probably not a front-man, I would like to ask Hank if he had any other career dreams besides (Country) music and how close did he come to doing something else. Then we'd break out the guitars and jam for awhile!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Being a big fan of Bocepus, having gone to many of his concerts, even as far away as Laughlin, Nv. last year, the one thing I would ask is: How is it that you can so easily write songs and even change them up during a concert without missing a beat? Must be a Family Tradition. 

Looking forward to the next concert.

0 Kudos

@AARPLynne wrote:

The sweepstakes is live--enter today for a chance to win!

Hank Williams does not fit the mold of "Country Singer".  He and Toby Keith are atypical, thank goodness !!

The songs Hank sings are about the real lessons and feelings we all have.  I would like to spend time finding out about the back story of the music industry.  I'm sure Hank will tell the truth.  Maybe catch a fish by accident, who knows?

0 Kudos

Hank Williams does not fit the mold of "Country Singer".  He and Toby Keith are atypical, thank goodness !!

The songs Hank sings are about the real lessons and feelings we all have.  I would like to spend time finding out about the back story of the music industry.  I'm sure Hank will tell the truth.  Maybe catch a fish by accident, who knows?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would tell him I was a fan of his dad, and enjoy his music now.  I would ask about how to be successful at warm water fishing.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would not ask ole Hank why do ya drink, or why ya do this or that ??

Cuz it's none of our business it's just his "Old Family Traditions" Yeahhh thats what I'd say too !!

Mr. Hank Williams, Jr. is the original U.S.A country-rocking rebel man, he is the real deal, unchanged & unapologetic for his red-blooded, American beliefs and the traditions that forged who he is and where he comes from. He the hard core, boot stompin one of a kind Big Dog Daddy Country version of yet another original music maker man the Motor City Madman-Wildman known as Ted Nugent. These two icons need to perform on stage together and send the message that America is still standing tall with a proud and patriotic spirit !! Thanks for reading post

0 Kudos

My husband recently found a love of country music. It would be great for him to go fishing with Hank Williams.
0 Kudos
Contributor

what kind of fish do you want to catch?
0 Kudos

Hey Hank! big fan of yours and of fishing! Cant wait to hang out fishing and throwing back some long necks!

Scott

0 Kudos

i like your music. can i play some during our fishing trip? keep on keeping on.
0 Kudos
Contributor

My question to Hank would be:  what inspired you to write "Blues Man"

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like fishing. I like country music. I like Hank...Sounds good to me 🙂

0 Kudos

I would ask Bocephus how he feels country music has changed over the last 30 years and does he feel its lost some of its authenticity. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hey Bocephus ,have you ever thought of writing and sining a song with all your kids in it .I think it would be an awesom #1 song because your kids are just as talented as their daddy and their grandady. sincerely themichfan.....
0 Kudos
Contributor

never been to Florida Hank what are we fishing for down here
0 Kudos

let's go fishin'!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Say Hank,If you could only do one....would you rather hunt or fish?What's your favorite game to hunt?Fresh water or Salt?Do you ever intend to retire?And thank you sir for the music!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg