Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

What would you tell young kids today who love your music, and, believe in the principles upon which this great country was built, despite being in  the minority among their peers? You have been a lifesaver in ways which you will never realize. Many of us face our own Ajax Mtn, and seeing your recovery has been pivotal in giving hope.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Hank,

You have earned many awards throughout your career. Which one are you most proud of?

Thanks for the opportunity to join the discussion and a chance to go fishing. 

Sincerely, 

Marilyn Herrington Grounds 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We would love to go fishing with Hank
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank to listen to some of the songs I wrote for Country, and tell me if I'm wasting my time. I'm 77 years young and don't have that much more time to waste.That aside, I'd just like to hang out, have a beer and drop a line.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Merry Christmas Hank and family!  Wishing you the best and all the promises of the holidays. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Do you get inspiration for your songs when you are fishing?

0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

Would love the opputunity to fish with Hank Williams Jr. My question to him would be, is there a song you regret recording or a song you regret not recording?
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to ask Hank if he would like to come to West Virginia, ride up ramp hollar to get some moonshine then ride over to Oak Hill, about 45 minutes away, and speak to the man that drove his daddy's car back after his untimely death. That man is still alive. His name is Mr. Lobban and he owns the funeral home in Oak Hill.
0 Kudos

my question to old hank is. in my hand i have coolie cup holder that you signed in the early 70"s at a show you performed in tiny town of williston , n.dak . during the concert i put a cold beer on the stage for you. and after the performance  standing outside to get your signature on this coolie. you and i talked about the day of walleye fishing and drinking beer and coming in a little late for your show. you where just starting our in your singing and performing around the country, i know its been one hell'of  a long time.. but i still remember that day and allways wonder if you might remember that time a long time ago... regards bob h  

0 Kudos

I would ask him to tell me the story on how he got the name Bocephus..

0 Kudos

Would love to win this contest test and go fishing with Hank
0 Kudos

Fishing in Florida with Hank would be tops. His music is great . The question is , do you think we would catch some fish ?  

0 Kudos

I would ask Hank what is his most memorable Christmas!
0 Kudos

Key west is my favorite place to fish.
West Virginia is my favorite place to hunt
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank, Where were you when you caught your biggest fish?
0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Contributor

I saw Hank in concert and witnessed one of the best musicians alive. He can play any type of music.

0 Kudos

fun just to fish and ask about hunting .  what a country we live to have that kind of fun

0 Kudos
Contributor

What inspires you to write your songs...

0 Kudos

Would luv to hang with someone who is a true American. ..u Rock Hank !! !
0 Kudos

A true American. ....u Rock Hank !!
0 Kudos

What is your favorite song your father recorded?

Thanks,  David Dias

0 Kudos

Would luv to hang with someone who is a true American. ..u Rock Hank !!!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Could I count this as a vacation? First in a decade!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Where do you get the inspiration for all of your songs?
0 Kudos
Contributor

Looking back over his life, I would ask if his accomplishments outweighed his life's long term goals, and if yes, how so?
Debra K Pidick
0 Kudos

I like Hank's music now more than ever before. I would love to know where his favorite place to vacation in the Southeast US?

0 Kudos

@AARPLynne wrote:

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Did you ever go fishing for Walleye on Lake Erie? It's the Walleye capital!

0 Kudos

Do you prefer lakes or open water fishing? I do the best on lakes and ponds. I live near Gettysburg and fish at the covered bridge called Sachs Bridge....meet a lot of visitors to the area. My sis and I love fishing. Would love to win and meet you. My mom loved your dads music too. She is 89!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg