Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Periodic Contributor

Make my day

0 Kudos

Mr.Hank I think your a better singer than your dad, and I would love to fisf with you. That was my dad's favorite ting to do.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Make my day....

0 Kudos
Contributor

Can you make a song for my wife?? I'll help you do it.

0 Kudos

My son is a Veteran and has loved fishing since he was a child.  I know he wuld be honored to go fishing with you!

0 Kudos

Hank I started fishing with a cane pole on the Wisconsin River and I still enjoy fishing with a cane pole.  It is so simple and I almost feel like a kid again at times and I especially enjoy cane pole fishing with others of any age for thier first time: did you ever fish with a cane pole and if so tell me about some of those big ones that got away.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank Jr if he hadn't been a singer / entertainer, what would he have liked to be?
0 Kudos

I am a big fan  of your Dad singing and yours as well  and  i would love to fish and talk about each other family while we are fishing ! I am also a Part-time white water professional river guide and would love to take you rafting up here in the Pacific Northwest area (summer ) ! I love to fish !! My late father was  your Dad favorite  country singer !!

0 Kudos

Hank:

Would you be willing to conduct 2 more free fishing trips.

One for 2 youngsters 10 or under to teach them the excitement I have had for 73 years.

One for a disabled Veteran who thinks they will never feel fishing excitement again.

Thanks, Graham

If the fish aren't biting there is always your singing

0 Kudos

Would love to go fishin with Hank. Maybe we could get Kid Rock to come along. Ask Hank if he ever remembers being in Chillicothe, Ohio.

0 Kudos

When you listen to your own music, what do do you feel?

0 Kudos

How has Country music changed in the last 40 yrs, and how has it contributed to contry music today?

John

0 Kudos

Would you like to go Black-tail Deer hunting in A-Zone in California with us....we own 200 acres and would like to take you hunting.
0 Kudos

What is biting today Hank?

0 Kudos
Contributor

IAM MARIA FROM SAN ANTONIO,TX I WOULD LOVE TO GO ALL OUT WITH YOU HANKS, & FISHING IS MY THING & CLASSIC CARS I DO HAVE 4 CLASSIC CARS, & LOVE HUNTING I LISTEN TO ALL YOUR SONGS/.
0 Kudos
Contributor

If you could do one thing diiferent in your life ,waht would it be?

0 Kudos

My son and I have loved Hank Jr for many years. I grew up with music in my house. My father had a bluegrass band. I would say "Hank, let's get away from all this craziness in this world and do some good old fashion fishing "
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hank, do you have a favorite guitar that you play? Which one? And does he/she have a name?
0 Kudos

The upcoming album of "It's AboutTime" is appropriate to this invite of a chance to go fishing with Hank jr. Lol!  As Hank jr.'s Aunt Hetty is my wife's Grandmother, ... Even though his aunt passed away in the 60's, my wife, (and I), still love his music, ... As does most of the family, ... Just figured that he was too busy being a country rock star to bother with his family outlaws, ...lol! Just kidding, ... But I do know she would be thrilled to finally have a meet & greet with Bo' as she, (& our daughters, & her sisters are avid country music fans), ... .. . She has been run through the gauntlet of health issues the last 4 years, and is surviving quite as well as can be xpected. It is thought (by family) that her Grandmother may also have had the same type of cancer as she has just survived, as when she passed, there were a lot of unknowns about the different types of cancers, & the effects of such upon the human anatomy, ... 

So yeah, Hank! "It's About Time" sounds about as good as it gets, ...lol!

Love you, your cousin, ...

0 Kudos
Contributor

Sun, fun and Hank.  What more could a girl ask for!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Ichin to go fishin

0 Kudos
Contributor

do you stillplay with pickup trucks

0 Kudos
Contributor

What else do you do to relax and enjoy life?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to win this trip so the my husband could enjoy a relaxing trip fishing.  Fishing with Hank Williams Jr would be the icing on the cake. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

My brother is a huge fan of Hank Sr and Jr.... and fishing.  He took over my fathers bass lure making (not a business just a hobby).  He has had some bad luck the past couple years and I would love to see this happen for him.  Thanks for reading this..

0 Kudos
Contributor

Forgot to post the question...what is your fondest childhood memory?
0 Kudos

Hank - what were the best and/or worse points in your career?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Bud or Bud Light?
0 Kudos
Contributor

Will any of your "roudy friends be fishing with us or have they all settled down??"
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask if Hank prefers a bait casting reel or a bell reel. Would love all the fishing tips Hank could give me!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg