Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

Would Hank like to come to Hawaii and take me fishing?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love the opportunity to fish with Hank! My question to Hank would be "How many Kenny Jarrett rifles do you really own?"
0 Kudos

My dad would love this!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Go fishing with Hank!! Hell Yeah!! I'm a big fan!!!

0 Kudos

I would ask him to tell me about his memories growing up in the midst of country music legends!
0 Kudos

I would ask him what his fondest memories are from the Redneck Riviera 🙂 Please pick me I could mark meeting Hank off my bucket list ♡
0 Kudos
Contributor

I've been to many concerts over the years and always thought about what I would ask Hank if I met him. For me it's the country boy can survive song. The live versions over the years are always amazing and just me and ol Hank on a boat I would love to hear more about Michael and if that's a true story or creative writing. I also hope there's some beer on the boat cuz I love drinkin beer and bs'n with all my fishin and huntin buddies and they could NEVER top my stories if I had a beer on a boat with BOCEPHUS! can't wait for the new album Hank!!
0 Kudos

Hank, when will Sourhern values and morals prevail again in society?
0 Kudos

I've seen Hank a few times. I'd have to ask him who his biggest influences are. How they've influenced him in different ways.
0 Kudos

I would ask Hank why he doesn't come to Arkansas more and do concerts I have seen him one time in concert I am 38 and have been a Hank fan since I was 6-7 I even have a tattoo with his name I love his music
0 Kudos
Contributor

My question  Hank is you love performing your songs just as much fun as being at home? Sitting on the water,the line in it letting the serine surroundings tickle me.Thats the best.Danny

0 Kudos
Contributor

I watched Hank on a cooking show once and they were roasting a pig. It was of course not being cooked the way Hank would do it. He commented saying his pig gets cooked in the ground. I would like to ask him how do you cook a pig in the ground because I love to cook outdoors, and have big parties, and would love to know how to do this. 

Periodic Contributor

As Hank said He likes to "Cook His Pig in the Ground", depends on if He put''s it on only Hot Mesquite Charcoal & Bark, then covering up with Dirt" Or if He's cooking it in "The Hawaiian Traditional Way." Where you Dig your hole, "Line it with Ti Leaves, put the Pig in, Line it with more Ti Leaves, then put already Hot Coal's on Top"! Bury Dat Pig, and "Slow Cook, it while hanging with Ohana and Hoaloha's (Family and Friends, Keiki's (young children) running all around , while da Women are putting out Dishes of food for "Pou-Pou's."and drinking Beer's or some Good Old Home-made, Maui Moonshine, 100.9% Proof"! In the meanwhile, dat "Pig, (depending on how big he/she, was is still cooking, anywhere from 3 - 6 hrs., sucking up da juices of da "Brah's put in from their Whisky, not knowing, dat that da Tutu's (Grandma's), also put inside dat Pig, 2 Mason Jar's, of the, Maui Home-Made Moonshine"!!! Instead of a Drunken Chicken, you've now, got yourself, a "Drunken Pig"!!
Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka to you and your Ohana (Family)

0 Kudos

go fishing with hank! i would ask him how did he stay to earth  man even with all the fame? hank you are my all time favorite... i work full time and go to school so this would be a much needed get away

Rikki-Le Worthington

0 Kudos

Well it depends on what we are fishing for ide ask him what lure he likes to use then ide tell him my favorite lure and we would figure out how to get us a mess so we could eat good that evening ! Lol i mean that . But during us fishing ide sure like to ask him all about his trapping and hunting experiences thanks hank ,
0 Kudos

I would ask Hank Jr...Of all of your accomplishments, which one means the most to you?

0 Kudos

Hank is there anything that you would like to receive or have from a musical artist from the past ?
0 Kudos
Contributor

would love a chance to go Fishing with Hank!
0 Kudos

Hay hank what time are going fishing and what do you want me to bring to drink
0 Kudos
Contributor

This is an awesome trip!! I would ask Hank about his children and grandchildren; if they have inhereited his love for hunting and fishing.
0 Kudos

Hay hank what time are going fishing and do you want me to bring to drink
0 Kudos

Hank, why do you fish, why do I out fish you...
0 Kudos
Contributor

Northern Illinois is having a winter warm up. Ice is to unsteady to go out. My husband's gout is acting up anyways and it is too hard for me to pull the shack. If we can fish in Florida, that could get the worms out of my mouth and save my back from pulling the shack!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Go fishing with hank,,,,,,,,,if i won a fishing trip with Hank id ask him if he likes his fish grilled or fried and pass the jim beam

I would love to go fishing with Hank.  This would be a big brag for me with all the Auxiliary VFW members at Post 1317 and fellowworks  in Shawnee, Ok.

Sitting on a riverbank and visting would be great.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I have been fans for many years. My husband would like to ask him What is his favorite way to prepare fish And What are his favorite side dishes.
0 Kudos

I would ask Hank about his Civil War and Indian relic hunting... I am interested in starting to do some of those things... We would talk History and tell fish tales...

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank how does it to be the 2nd best country music singer . Your Daddy is THE GREATEST.

0 Kudos

Hank, why dont you come to Dillon and fish with me?

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Id have to ask him to tell me his best fishing story that hes ever heard. . Because my buddie caught a 10 p cat.. I asked him what he used for bate..He said bate hell he was in my trash can ..:)
0 Kudos