Community Manager
Community Manager

Enter for a chance to go fishing with Hank Williams, Jr.

hank_CommunityLandingPageBanner.jpg

Are you a fan of country music superstar Hank Williams Jr?  Do you want a chance to win a fishing trip with the star himself? All you have to do is post on the ‘Go fishing with Hank” topic below and you will be entered into the sweepstakes!

To enter, simply tell us what question you would ask Hank during your fishing trip. Just by posting you will be entered to win! One lucky winner will receive roundtrip airfare to Florida, plus hotel accommodations for 2 nights and an autographed copy of Hank’s next album IT’S ABOUT TIME.

Here’s how to enter:

-Sign in or register with AARP;

-Reply to this discussion to post your entry; and

-That’s it. You have entered the sweepstakes.

Enter today, contest ends February 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

My first of many questions is "Hank would you sing Country boy can survive with me"

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

ahh.. just the chance to ask the almighty question of .... would you bait my hook for me? or on a more serious note, if you can call it that, What's it like to live in Montana?

0 Kudos

I have been a Hank Jr fan since the day view of Cajun Baby!! I would like to know Hank's view on the old sound in country music coming back.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would ask Hank what he thinks is his greatest accomplishment in life is.
0 Kudos

I would ask Hank if he remembers my grandpa & playing music with him at Panther Hall when he was only about 11 years old..BTW, I bait my own! 😉
0 Kudos

I've been a fan since I was a little girl I'm 52 now still love him my only wish is to meet him one day I love you Hank
0 Kudos

What an awesome experience that would be for my husband! The question I would ask Hank would be what is the song he is most connected to and still reflects on frequently today? You rock Mr Hank Williams Jr! You were awesome when you came to Spokane. Was a pleasure to shake your hand!
0 Kudos

I would ask Hank about his son's music career and does he love country music as much as his Dad and Granddad. It would be so nice to meet Hank and I love to fish.

0 Kudos
Contributor

fresh h20 or the gulf ,night crawlers or squid .don't make no diff as long as the beer is iced.why Florida Hank,ya all have good luck there, in the gunshine state.bring yer. 44 for gators and sharks.Thanks for helping our vets. Roy.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Do you still have the Tommy Lee knife you used to cut footholds and save your life?

0 Kudos

I would like to go fishing with Hank Williams.  I would ask him what fish gives the most action.

Verona Givens

0 Kudos

I would love to go fishing with hank, Jr.
Info Seeker

I would love to go fishing with hank. Me and my daughter love you so much. I would like to ask you what type of pet you have. Peggysue Michalec

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Let me put it this way. I do not fish or hunt but I would welcome an interview. I know his Daddy's music and "Family Tradition" is in my head right now...I Pod too. I know he fell off Old Ajax and they rebuilt his face. Being in his Daddie's shadow must have been an ordeal too. Quite a life there. However, maybe I'm confusing him with Charlie Daniels but I think if politics came up I might have to drown him. So yeah I'll just stick to "Hank why do you drink and why do you roll smoke...".

0 Kudos

Are we going to be on the reality show ' Fishing with Bocephus ' ?

0 Kudos

reality show ' Fishing with Bocephus ' ?...

Guess I am goin' have to get the TV remote away from my husband more often...

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I have to ask him to tell me his best fishing story hed ever heard 🙂
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

I think I would ask Hank if there was one person who had the absolute most inpact on you and your misic who would it be and why...my husband is an absolute big big fan of Hank Jr that all my girls now know all about Hank and his music and ALWAYS sing along to the music, and yes they know all the words to the songs. He is always on and being played weather it be in the house or in the truck HANK JR IS ALWAYS ON. We love your music and will continue to be HANK JR FANS!!!
0 Kudos

I have been a super huge Hank Williams Jr. Fan since I was a new born all my mama had to do is turn on one of his songs and I would calm down if I was fussy when I was 3 I wrote Hank a letter the best I could and he sent me an autographed photo it would be such a dream come true to get to go fishing with him
Contributor

My question to Hank would be about the history of the Civil War right in his own backyard and how a man named Jack Henson fought his own war on the banks of the Tennessee River before it became the Kentucky Lake and the Recreation Area as we know it today. Specifically about any artifacts he has found in the area.

0 Kudos

I would ask Hank what his favorite memory of him and his dad hunting and fishing together was and ask him what he misses most about his old man.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Would love to go fishing with Hank my husband and I fished all time he passed away 2 yrs ago and his name was HANK.
0 Kudos

Will you bait the hook for me? Hahaha. This would be a dream come true!! I've been a fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I just turned 31 and would love to be able to rip some lips with you!!
Amy Johnson
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

My husband has been sick but on the mend. He loves to fish more than anything else. The last few years he hasn't been able to go on his annual fishing trip with his friends. We have been married 50 years and because he knew how much I wanted to move to The Villages, Florida, we bought a villa here. He almost died 3 times so I would be so happy for him if he could win this trip. Also winning would mean a lot to him. Jim and Joan Seal 644 Braga Way; The Villages, FL 262-337-1673
0 Kudos
Contributor

love to go fishing and cook my catch

@aj92315012 wrote:
Will you bait the hook for me? Hahaha. This would be a dream come true!! I've been a fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I just turned 31 and would love to be able to rip some lips with you!!
Amy Johnson

@aj92315012 wrote:
Amy Johnson

0 Kudos

SO IM REPLYING DOES THAT MEANS IM RESGISTERED?

Contributor

Is you boat bigger than Allen Jackson's?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I forgot my "r" rrrrrrrrrrrrr!  I'm a good bassbuster. Like to use spinnerbaits and crankbaits. It's a family tradition!

0 Kudos

do you remember putting on a show in Rogers TExas in 1965, it was great and we were thrilled to have you in our gym singing, great memory
0 Kudos