Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Does Music Make Life Better?

Message 51 of 68

Music truly can move one's emotions and touch our heart and mind. I'm a smooth jazz lover and old school music lover as well. And yes it's good to have music in your life.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 68

I have two.

When I'm a little down and the world doesn't seem to care enough for it's inhabitants such as people and animals, and I can only wish with all my heart for more compassion, I think of Simon and Garfunkle's the Sounds of Silence.  That's what happens when no one cares enough to make a change.

The one that I really love to sing with, dance to and feel good about is Katrina and the Waves Walking on Sunshine.  It's just awesome and makes everything fun.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 68

Wake up and listen to Elvis sing Amazing grace every day as part of my devotional.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 68

I would not be happy without music in my life!  It depends on the mood I'm in as to what type of music I'm listening to.  I enjoy music while I cook, clean, walk outside, have company or a party, socialize in and outdoors... it's almost always on even if it's just in the background.  I enjoy christian contemporary,  country rock, classic rock, some alternative, piano, violin, instrumentals and others.  I don't want to know what the world would be like without music.  It affects the way we feel and how we respond to things.  

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 68

YES !

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 68

DBEATLS.jpg

I may be old

But I got to see

All the cool bands.

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 68

Grace Rene' Recording in Studio.jpgMe (Grace Rene') recording at Eastside Project Studio on the outskirts of Nashville in Antioch, TN.Chloes Mom by Grace Rene'.jpg"Chloe's Mom" - One of the songs I wrote about adoption.Music makes my heart sing! Smiley Happy What is that saying? "LIFE IS A SONG! LOVE IS THE MUSIC!" Thanks for listening. I turned 55 this past December. Smiley Happy 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 68

Music has the ability to shut off the world around you and move to to another place.  For me, I can get lost in the music, which bring a smile to my face and lift my spirits.  The great thing about music and the different genres is that there is something for everybody.

I don't know what songs got me through difficult times, but I have listened to a lot of Rush and Toto and various jazz arists.  I have seen many bands in concert and had a wonderful experience.  I am thankful we live in a world with music and creativity.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 68

Yes, music is the bread of life, I love rock n roll, country, classical and basically all music with soul :-) It calms me, increases focus and just makes life more pleasurable :-)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 68

Music ABSOLUTELY makes life better. For most of us with any major event in life has occurred, there is usually a song attatched to that memory. Musicians are known to have a higher IQ. Music helps students study better.

Mimithunder
Kudos
Views