You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Does Music Make Life Better?

Message 1 of 68

I grew up with all types of music and I think it helps make life better

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 68
AMEN TO ALL OF THAT!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 68
MUSICIANS I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT HEARING: TOM WAITS, JANIS JOPLIN, STEVIE RAY VAUGHN, JOHN LEE HOOKER,...& OF COURSE THE BEATLES!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 68

I listen to my radio at work all day long (turned low). It keeps things calm. ❤️

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 68

That sounds like a great idea. With all the craziness going on soothing music truly helps the soul. After a hectic day a nice bubble bath, some smooth jazz , candle light and a nice glass of wine works also.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 68
I have heard that also. I laugh and tell my husband if I am ever in a coma put my IPod up to my ear and just play my music. Then pray I never need it.
I was seriously sick in 2016 in the Hosp. for 2 weeks so I listened to my IPod then to help me sleep.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 68
It is very soothing and was a life saver for me. My daughter was killed and my therapist suggest I listen to soothing quiet music to go to sleep because I was having such a hard time.
I love music anyway, but the soothing music was a better kind of music at this time.
When I was young I use to blast the music and clean my entire house on week-ends as I worked all week.
I love music. and IMO it does make for a better life.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 68

Had alot of rough spots in life, so different music for different times.

Time in a bottle by Jim Croce

Starry Starry Night or Vincent

The House that built me - Miranda

Home and Light at the end of the tunnel - Blake Shelton

Strawberry Fields forever

One Less Bell to Answer - Barbara Striestand

Send in the Clowns

Me and Bobby McGhee - Janis Joplin

The Rose - Bette Mediler

Waterfall - Credence

Southern Cross - David Crosby, Stills

Helpless Hoping - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Daylight Again - Crosy, Stills and Nash

God Didn't Make Little Green Apples

What a Friend we have in Jesus

The list goes on and on and on..........sorry but music has helped me totally live each day

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 68

Music makes all things better. I love smooth jazz. Anytime I'm feeling down I just tune in and let the music take me to a better place. I love the many instruments. Just so soothing. I also listen to ocean and thunderstorm sounds with soft music playing in the background. I usually play that in the evening when I go to bed. Very soothing and helps me sleep.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 68

Absolutely.  I don't play a lick but I sing in my church choir.  I moved last year but won't change churches because of that.  I'd like to write songs but there is so much to learn.  Music is a language of love, sadness, happiness.  My favorites are Asia (RIP John Wetton), Santana, Deep Purple (RIP Jon Lord).  I still buy their new CD recordings despite format changes, social and other media changes, popular style changes.  Another fave is NY's Micheal Stanley.  Music takes me away from the everyday grey into a place where I can pretend to play drums or keyboards just for fun.  Music lets me feel joy or even cry when I hear it.

Kudos
Views