On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: David Bowie Passing

Message 1 of 10

rofl; sorry for delayed response ms zappa.

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10
what a wonderful tribute to such a masterful musician! Thank you!

Miss you and ty for the music, Mr Bowie!
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

And from a different perspective, a tweet from Zappa's off-spring...

It super blows that David Bowie is gone. At least he is hanging out with my dad right now. Just hope Lou Reed isn't being a dick about it.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@loveabull wrote:

A life well lived though. When you consider how many rock and rollers didn't live as long. Plus such talent, Bowie was an icon. But for those of us who were teens in the seventies, it does make you feel old. When Lou Reed and Levon Helm died I was sad as well. RIP

Hang in there, Iggy.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

A life well lived though. When you consider how many rock and rollers didn't live as long. Plus such talent, Bowie was an icon. But for those of us who were teens in the seventies, it does make you feel old. When Lou Reed and Levon Helm died I was sad as well. RIP

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

From Ziggy and the Spiders From Mars and Major Tom, to Fame and Changes to "Let's Dance" with Mick and now, Blackstar, it could be said he pioneered several new genres of music.

Rock and Roll Heaven has a new star to compliment its cast.

RIP, David Jones

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

There are events that occur that make me feel much older.

This is one of them.

"I am stepping through the door,

And I'm floating,

in a most peculiar way,

And the stars look very different today."

RIP, David Bowie

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

@ls1873 wrote:

I'm in shock right now. Almost in tears. I have a lot of Bowie in my collection and loved his music since the early 70's. All this time, I didn't know he was battling cancer. He was a true genius and will be sorely missed. R.I.P.

I think everyone is in shock right now... no one knew except his family and friends and it is just such a shock....    He was an incredible musician and a master of stage performance... 

I will never look at the night sky without thinking of Major Tom!!    RIP

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

I'm in shock right now. Almost in tears. I have a lot of Bowie in my collection and loved his music since the early 70's. All this time, I didn't know he was battling cancer. He was a true genius and will be sorely missed. R.I.P.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

David Bowie Passing

Message 10 of 10

Two days after releasing his 25th album "Blackstar", on his 69th birthday, David Bowie died of cancer, after an 18-month battle. He had a 40 year career, and a long marriage for a rocker, to model Iman.

MSN News - David Bowie Dies

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Replies