Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Cinco de Mayo Tequila Music Blog

Cinco de Mayo is a largely American holiday in celebration of Mexican-American culture.  The date commemorates the anniversary of Mexico’s victory of the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.  The day is sometimes mistaken for Mexico’s most important national holiday, their Independence Day, which takes place on September 16.

Tequila is an alcoholic spirit made from the blue agave plant in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, located 40 mi northwest of Guadalajara, in the Jaliscan Highlands of the central western Mexican state of Jalisco.  Mexican law states that tequila can only be produced in the state of Jalisco and limited municipalities in the states of Guanajuato, Michoacan, Nayarit, and Tamaulipas.

To learn more about Cinco de Mayo, Tequila, Margaritas, and how the Cuervo and Sauza families figured into the history of tequila, check out the blog.

The playlist is full of songs with Tequila in the title, but also some songs with Margarita, Salt and Lime or Cuervo in the title. A few songs may seem a bit out of place, such as Alan Jackson’s “Five O’Clock Somewhere,” though it’s theme is definitely in the spirit of kicking back and relaxing with tequila or margarita in hand, Van Halen’s Cabo Wabo, though the name of Sammy Hagar’s tequila, and Steely Dan’s Hey 19, though prominently featuring “Cuervo Gold” in the lyrics. I have listened to the playlist several times. It is such a relaxing, sipping tequila neat or a margarita on the beach, summertime fun kind of playlist. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life.  Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the moment.  Listen (and drink tequila) to the MUSIC!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/tequila-talkin-cinco-de-mayo-celebration-with-tequila-songs/

Honored Social Butterfly

What an interesting blog, and fun playlist! My favorites are Margaritaville, Jose Cuervo, and Tequila (Safaris).

Too bad, but I can no longer partake! 😟 
I used to make a blender version of frozen limeade + tequila 2 oz + Cointreau 1oz (I think), blend, salt the rims and pour. My friend would do a top shelf using lime juice + Cuervo Anejo + Grand Marinier. Nerve tonic! 😂 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist as always! Tequila by the

Champs and Margaritaville are the classics,

I appreciate adding Sammy Hagar, Eagles

and Luke Bryan, to name a few. Back in the

day when I could drink Tequila, a Strawberry

Margarita was my go to. Good times…..

Regular Social Butterfly

TYSVM for this post! What a great, informative, and uplifting (imho) topic!

I truly loved Jimmy Buffett's music and just discovered "Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville 1991 ", and it's so fun and amazing how he transitioned it from 70s to now...

Again, William, tysvm for this fun topic!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP