Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Celebrating April Fools Day with Fool songs

Conversationalist

Celebrating April Fools Day with Fool songs

April 1st continues to be a day of jokes and pranks. As a kid we looked forward to finding fun ways to prank friends and family without getting into too much trouble. April Fool’s Day serves as the theme for this week’s music blog and playlist, songs with the word “Fool” or it’s derivatives.

While widely celebrated worldwide, the day is a national holiday in only Cyprus and the Ukraine. In Odessa, Ukraine, the day’s festivities include a large parade in the city center, free concerts, street performers and fairs. Festival participants dress in costume and walk around the city fooling around and pranking passersby. It’s difficult to imagine that happened today in the Ukraine. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Songs include some great foolishness, with the likes of Supertramp’s “Fool’s Overture,” Cinderella’s “Nobody’s Fool,” Led Zeppelin’s “Fool In The Rain,” The Doobie Brothers’ “What A Fool Believes,” Steely Dan’s “Only A Fool Would Say That,” The Beatles “The Fool On The Hill,” The Who’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again,” and “Def Leppard’s “Foolin’,” among others. There are many great fool song I think you’ll enjoy. Happy April Fools Day.

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew. Rediscover the passion of music in your life. Live in the moment. Enjoy the moment. Love the moment. Listen to the MUSIC!

Honored Social Butterfly

Social Butterfly

Fool to Cry-Stones

Conversationalist

Never heard it before.  Love it.  Added.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

That’s a great topic, lots of great songs, too! 
My add-ons would be -

Fool- Elvis

(Now And Then There’s) A Fool Such As I - Elvis

Fool Me - Joe South

You Don’t Fool Me - Queen

You Fool No One - Deep Purple

Fools - Deep Purple

Fool For The Night - Rainbow

Ship Of Fools - Scorpions

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Conversationalist

Love these songs!  Foolish me (ha!ha!) for not knowing about them - added; also 2 more Elvis songs, Fools Fall In Love and Fools Rush In (though may use the Ricky Nelson version of the latter).  Thanks so much 🙂 

Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist, great topic as well. I would add

”Fool for the city” by Foghat and “Fool to cry”

by Stones  🎼💜

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Already added Fool To Cry (love it, had never heard it) and just added Fool For The City - also a good song I had never heard.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Chain Of Fools:  Aretha

Conversationalist

already on there 🙂 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

What Kind Of Fool Do You Think I Am:  Bill Deal 

Conversationalist

LOVE this song - added! Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Ship Of Fools:  Bob Seger

Conversationalist

Can't believe I forgot that one - added!  Thanks 🙂

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Poor Little Fool:  Ricky Nelson

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Already added, though thanks again for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Why Do Fools Fall In Love:  Frankie Lymon

Conversationalist

On there already 😉 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP