Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Celebrating 60 Years of Motown

AARP is celebrating 60 years of Motown! Who's your favorite classic group or artist?

Contributor

The Temptations 

Kool & the Gang

Diana Ross and the Supremes

So many more

Bee Gee's

Eagles

Periodic Contributor

I was a huge Beatles fan in my early teen years. But my Motown favorites were Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Four Tops. All good music that has stood the test of time. Were the BeeGees actually Motown? Loved them too.
Contributor

I am more of a classical music person, I enjoy Canadian Brass, I used to love Les Double Six de Paris, and of composers the good old classics:  Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven, etc.  Of the more recent composers:  Rimsky-Korsakoff, John Williams, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Mussorgsky.  But that's me, it's not your typical bunch, but I listen to anything and everything by these musicians.

Periodic Contributor

What does this have to do with Motown?
Conversationalist

From Motown?  Gotta be Smokey and The Miracles.  And give a nod to the Holland-Dozier-Holland songwriting trio.

Regular Contributor

I consider MoTown to be the soundtrack to my youth, especially my teenage years. I actually got to meet Eddie Kendricks and, wait for it, SMOKEY ROBINSON. Last year, 2018, I went to see MoTown the Musical and got to sing with 'Diana Ross'. It was such a highlight and I got a sound round of applause.

Periodic Contributor

It's got to be Patti LaBelle
Contributor

joey-2465 and Patti LaBelle is still going strong, today (smile).

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Not Motown.
Periodic Contributor

Patti Labelle wasn't with Motown.
Periodic Contributor

Patti Labelle wasn't with Motown.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP