Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bluer Than Blue - "Blue" Songs Spotify Playlist, what are your favorite "Blue" songs?

Conversationalist

Bluer Than Blue - "Blue" Songs Spotify Playlist, what are your favorite "Blue" songs?

On December 11, 1961, Elvis Presley started a 20 week run at No.1 on the US album chart with “Blue Hawaii,” his 7th number one album. I though I’d let this serve as the theme for this week’s playlist, “Bluer Than Blue.” Having returned from a Hawaiian vacation a few months ago, it is wild to see the island relatively undeveloped back in 1961.
Leann Rimes recorded “Blue” when she was only 13 years old! Blew me away the first time I heard it. Linda Ronstadt, the most successful female recording artist of the ‘70s, appears on the playlist 7 times! Did you know that her back up band was once the members of the Eagles before they formed their own band?
Also appearing are the likes of Elton John, The Who, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, The Allman Brothers, Styx, U2, ELO, Debbie Gibson. Are there any “blue” (not “blues”) songs I forgot?
I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew. Rediscover the passion of music in your life.
Live in the moment. Enjoy the moment. Love the moment. Listen to the MUSIC!
Honored Social Butterfly

Nice list……missing a few songs tho: 

Beatles

For you blue

Yer blues

Fleetwood Mac

Blue letter

Madison Blues

Blue denim- Stevie Nicks

Inner city blues- Marvin Gaye

And the classic Blue Moon-Marcels (Sorry 

the Sha na na version doesn’t do it for me)

💙💙

Conversationalist

only a "blue" list, not "blues" - which would add lots of blues (genre with word in title) songs - will add the others 🙂 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I get that, it is, after all your list 🎼💙

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

That’s a nice playlist. Linda Ronstadt is my favorite female vocalist. You did miss one of my favorite Elvis songs - Moody Blue. Also Blue Jay Way, The Beatles, and Blue World, Moody Blues seem to be missing. So many of them, it’s easy to miss a few! 😉

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Conversationalist

added to the list - thanks!

Regular Social Butterfly

For me it's Little Girl Blue by the genius artist Ms Janis Joplin...

Thanks for a great topic!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP