Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

BABYSITTING A BAND ON THE ROCKS - COMMENTS?

Regular Contributor

BABYSITTING A BAND ON THE ROCKS - COMMENTS?

Review Link to Classic Rock History

https://www.classicrockhistory.com/book-review-babysitting-a-band-on-the-rocks/

AARP Readers - For the past week I've been posting excerpts from my book about my adventures with classic rock in the 70s and early 80s, BABYSITTING A BAND ON THE ROCKS, and while I'm ecstatic to see that plenty of folks are reading them I'm also interested in hearing what you think - love it, hate it, have favorite bands that you'd like to hear more about, anything at all. It was a labor of love and a blast to research and write it, and though I've gotten great media reviews that you can read on Google (see below) the more feedback I can get from you all the better. I print just 200 at a time so that I can continue to tweak it and make it as good as it can be.  Hope to hear what you have to say!

Regards,

G.D. Praetorius

"Praetorius has a very unpretentious way with words,
and a sincere, humble and refreshing approach to reel
you in. Before I knew it, I started turning the pages,
wondering what was going to happen next. The man's
innate skill as a wordsmith makes the content sizzle…
He was there when Aerosmith hit rock bottom and
singer Steven Tyler was literally down and out. He
promoted shows with an up-and-coming Van Halen,
running wild…Directly or indirectly, Praetorius
rubbed shoulders with AC/DC, the Allman Brothers
Band, Pink Floyd, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, and
many others…With all the rock and roll books on
the market, Babysitting A Band On The Rocks is most
defnitely a worthwhile spin through one man's trials
and tribulations of breaking into one of the most
notorious and craziest businesses of the 20th century.”
VINTAGE ROCK

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have enjoyed reading the excerpts. I find all of it interesting as I am a Classic Rocker at heart. Always interested in anything about the Beatles and Fleetwood Mac, my two favorite groups. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the comment! I was born early enough to love the Beatles but too late to ever work with them.  Never worked with the Mac either, but always a big fan, particularly of Lindsey Buckingham.

In fact, if you never came across it, there is a record that Lindsey and Stevie Nicks made before joining Fleetwood Mac.  It's a wonderful record!

shopping.jpeg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I am a huge Mac fan, have seen them 3 times in concert. I am aware of that recording but have never heard any tracks from it. I’ll be sure to give a listen soon tho Thanks!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Ever work with ELO? Another one of my favs

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I worked with easily over 100 diferent acts but unfortunately I never worked with ELO.

I did multiple shows with Aerosmith, Van Halen, The Allman Brothers Band, J. Geils Band, Ramones, Pretenders, Blackmore's Rainbow, Jerry Garcia, Jorma Kaukonen & Hot Tuna, Santana, Cheap Trick and others.  I compiled a complete list at the end of the book!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I enjoyed reading the excerpts. The one regarding Van Halen struck a familiar note. Many years ago, my husband was the catering manager for a local venue. He used to get all kinds of weird requests, especially from rock bands. I wish we had kept a list. But I do remember us laughing about the band that wanted a certain color of M&Ms removed from the packages. I don't remember which band or what color it was, but it must have been Van Halen and the brown M&Ms! There was one band that wanted a lot of junk food, including Twinkies. 

I'm a big fan of classic rock / British rock from the 60's and 70's. Another Beatles and Mac fan here, along with Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Rainbow, etc.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

MaVolta - I'll post a Deep Purple / Ritchie Blackmore bit soon!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP