Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

BABYSITTING A BAND ON THE ROCKS - COMMENTS?

Regular Contributor

BABYSITTING A BAND ON THE ROCKS - COMMENTS?

Review Link to Classic Rock History

https://www.classicrockhistory.com/book-review-babysitting-a-band-on-the-rocks/

AARP Readers - For the past week I've been posting excerpts from my book about my adventures with classic rock in the 70s and early 80s, BABYSITTING A BAND ON THE ROCKS, and while I'm ecstatic to see that plenty of folks are reading them I'm also interested in hearing what you think - love it, hate it, have favorite bands that you'd like to hear more about, anything at all. It was a labor of love and a blast to research and write it, and though I've gotten great media reviews that you can read on Google (see below) the more feedback I can get from you all the better. I print just 200 at a time so that I can continue to tweak it and make it as good as it can be.  Hope to hear what you have to say!

Regards,

G.D. Praetorius

"Praetorius has a very unpretentious way with words,
and a sincere, humble and refreshing approach to reel
you in. Before I knew it, I started turning the pages,
wondering what was going to happen next. The man's
innate skill as a wordsmith makes the content sizzleโ€ฆ
He was there when Aerosmith hit rock bottom and
singer Steven Tyler was literally down and out. He
promoted shows with an up-and-coming Van Halen,
running wildโ€ฆDirectly or indirectly, Praetorius
rubbed shoulders with AC/DC, the Allman Brothers
Band, Pink Floyd, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, and
many othersโ€ฆWith all the rock and roll books on
the market, Babysitting A Band On The Rocks is most
defnitely a worthwhile spin through one man's trials
and tribulations of breaking into one of the most
notorious and craziest businesses of the 20th century.โ€
VINTAGE ROCK

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have enjoyed reading the excerpts. I find all of it interesting as I am a Classic Rocker at heart. Always interested in anything about the Beatles and Fleetwood Mac, my two favorite groups. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the comment! I was born early enough to love the Beatles but too late to ever work with them.  Never worked with the Mac either, but always a big fan, particularly of Lindsey Buckingham.

In fact, if you never came across it, there is a record that Lindsey and Stevie Nicks made before joining Fleetwood Mac.  It's a wonderful record!

shopping.jpeg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I am a huge Mac fan, have seen them 3 times in concert. I am aware of that recording but have never heard any tracks from it. Iโ€™ll be sure to give a listen soon tho Thanks!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Ever work with ELO? Another one of my favs

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I worked with easily over 100 diferent acts but unfortunately I never worked with ELO.

I did multiple shows with Aerosmith, Van Halen, The Allman Brothers Band, J. Geils Band, Ramones, Pretenders, Blackmore's Rainbow, Jerry Garcia, Jorma Kaukonen & Hot Tuna, Santana, Cheap Trick and others.  I compiled a complete list at the end of the book!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I enjoyed reading the excerpts. The one regarding Van Halen struck a familiar note. Many years ago, my husband was the catering manager for a local venue. He used to get all kinds of weird requests, especially from rock bands. I wish we had kept a list. But I do remember us laughing about the band that wanted a certain color of M&Ms removed from the packages. I don't remember which band or what color it was, but it must have been Van Halen and the brown M&Ms! There was one band that wanted a lot of junk food, including Twinkies. 

I'm a big fan of classic rock / British rock from the 60's and 70's. Another Beatles and Mac fan here, along with Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Rainbow, etc.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

MaVolta - I'll post a Deep Purple / Ritchie Blackmore bit soon!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP