Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

American Indian Music

I've been enjoying my American Indian music collection and wondered if anyone else listens to this genre.  If so, this is the place to post and share your favorites. 🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Not Without Risk

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Medicine Story off the Spirit Gathering album

Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Wisdom Work

Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Heart Warrior

Honored Social Butterfly

Drums of Thunder    Mountain Spirits

Honored Social Butterfly

Indians   Sacred Lake

Honored Social Butterfly

King Bear  Spirit of the Drums

Honored Social Butterfly

Indians   Heya Heya

Honored Social Butterfly

Indians   Earth's Breath

Honored Social Butterfly

Ronald Roybal   Sacred Mountain

Honored Social Butterfly

Ronald Roybal  Where The Water Cuts Through

Honored Social Butterfly

Ronald Roybal  In The Stone Circle

Honored Social Butterfly

Indians   Seeds of the Future Happiness

Honored Social Butterfly

K Mockingbird  Songs of the Soul

Social Butterfly

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/johntrudell?SourceCode=widgetbaby

NOT TRADITIONAL, BUT WORTHY. SHOULDN'T IT BE "NATIVE AMERICAN". NO "AMERICAN INDIAN" MUSIC ?

SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Honored Social Butterfly

@l483260l wrote:

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/johntrudell?SourceCode=widgetbaby

NOT TRADITIONAL, BUT WORTHY. SHOULDN'T IT BE "NATIVE AMERICAN". NO "AMERICAN INDIAN" MUSIC ?

HI @l483260l

Thanks for introducing me to John Trudell. I like it. 

For the record nah, it doesn't have to be flute and drum (traditional. Lots of what I posted to this thread is pretty modern stuff. 🙂

As to the question of Native American versus American Indian, here's the take I grew up with on the reservation: Anything other than the actual tribe name (Hopi, Arapaho, et cetera) is actually incorrect, or at least a name given them by Europeans, and therefore somewhat insulting to at least some members of the First Nations. Since we are talking about many different nations as a whole, neither moniker is better than the other. So I learned to stick with American Indian because at least for the Indians I grew up around, that one was as good as the 'new and improved' (I think they meant 'white guilt appeasing') Native American. Afterall, anyone born here is a native American. Of course, you will find American Indians with individual takes on this, but that's the one I learned. 

So use the term you prefer,  I guess. 🙂

And post away! 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

Ronald Roybal  Evening Song

Honored Social Butterfly

Carlos Nakai  Song For The Morning Sun

Honored Social Butterfly

Ronald Roybal  Skyfather's Dream

Honored Social Butterfly

Carlos Nakai  World of Rain

Honored Social Butterfly

Ronald Roybal   In The Stone Circle

Honored Social Butterfly

Indians   Indiana Drums

Honored Social Butterfly

Carlos Nakai   Earth Spirit

Honored Social Butterfly

@mimi0000  🙂  Ah, another American Indian music fan! Let me know your favorite artists and I'll see if they are on YouTube. If they are, I'll be glad to post their music. 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

Indians  Winds Language

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP