Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

American Indian Music

I've been enjoying my American Indian music collection and wondered if anyone else listens to this genre.  If so, this is the place to post and share your favorites. ๐Ÿ™‚

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

R Carlos Nakai's flute music is excellent for meditation.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

John Trudell  Crazy Horse

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Regular Social Butterfly

Hi Epster! Last year an awesome documentary about the indigenous music scene (in Canada mostly) was  released via film festivals. It's called When They Awake. I just know about it because a family friend was one of the filmmakers, but this website has a section with information about all the amazing musicians in the film:

https://whentheyawake.com

Honored Social Butterfly

@millineutron wrote:

Hi Epster! Last year an awesome documentary about the indigenous music scene (in Canada mostly) was  released via film festivals. It's called When They Awake. I just know about it because a family friend was one of the filmmakers, but this website has a section with information about all the amazing musicians in the film:

https://whentheyawake.com

@millineutron  What an incredible project! Thanks for sharing that link!  The Twitter page appears to be defunct, but the Facebook page is still active, and it was interesting to read about current events in Manitoba (My Fr Canadian/Scotch-Irish/Algonquin/Basque Grandma's family still lives there) I wonder when/if the film will be available via the library or Netflix. 

Meanwhile, here's the latest single, The Lucky Ones, by Logan Staats, one of the featured artists:

Bonus! Running Like A River also by Logan Staats:

Regular Social Butterfly

Yes! Love Logan Staats! Also wondered if you had heard of Frank Waln. Not in the film, but an inspiring  Sicangu Lakota rapper / songwriter / producer who grew up on the Rosebud Sioux Reservation in South Dakota. https://youtu.be/5_1fmbKCMmY

What a rich family heritage you have! Haven't heard about future distribution plans for the film, but I will ask Hermon and keep you posted. Thanks for all your beautiful musical selections in this thread. Love this music! โค

Honored Social Butterfly

@millineutron wrote:

Yes! Love Logan Staats! Also wondered if you had heard of Frank Waln. Not in the film, but an inspiring  Sicangu Lakota rapper / songwriter / producer who grew up on the Rosebud Sioux Reservation in South Dakota. https://youtu.be/5_1fmbKCMmY

What a rich family heritage you have! Haven't heard about future distribution plans for the film, but I will ask Hermon and keep you posted. Thanks for all your beautiful musical selections in this thread. Love this music! โค

@millineutron  Sorry for the tardy reply. I wanted to have a minute to go give a listen to Frank Waln. I'd not yet heard of him. Rap is not my favorite genre, but this was worth a listen. ๐Ÿ™‚

I wanted to post another Frank Waln song, but we're in the middle of an ice storm and my internet connection is having issues because of it. Will try again later. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm glad you are finding music you like here. Pleae feel free to post more selections. ๐Ÿ™‚

Honored Social Butterfly

Frank Waln  My Stone

Regular Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ˜ฟ Awww, beautiful!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Leo Rojas   The Voice Of The Night Silent

Honored Social Butterfly

Leo Rojas   You Sang To Me

Honored Social Butterfly

Leo Rojas  I'll Be There

Honored Social Butterfly

Leo Rojas  Luchando Por Un Sueno

Honored Social Butterfly

Leo Rojas  Matsuri

Honored Social Butterfly

Leo Rojas    The Sound Of Silence

Honored Social Butterfly

Leo Rojas  The Last Of The Mohicans

Honored Social Butterfly

Robert Tree Cody   Earth Mother

Honored Social Butterfly

Robert Tree Cody   Lakota Lullaby

Honored Social Butterfly

Circle Dance feat. Terje Tretnes off the album 'Wishes of Happiness and Prosperity'

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Kฤฑzฤฑlderili Net Kabilesi     Thunder Drums

Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Primordial Recognition off the Spirit Gathering album

Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Fire Passage 

Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Facing The Truth

Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Dark Brew

Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Raven Medicine

Honored Social Butterfly

Broken Walls   Song to the Creator

Honored Social Butterfly

Mark Akixa    Cherokee Morning Song

Honored Social Butterfly

Byron Metcalf   Wachuma's Wave

Trusted Contributor

@Epster wrote:

Byron Metcalf   Wachuma's Wave

beautiful music

Honored Social Butterfly

Carlos Nakai  Canyon Trilogy (an hour long video)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP