Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

All SUMMER Long - Summer Songs

The start of summer is heralded by the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, June 21st.  But more importantly is signals the sense of relaxation that comes with warmer weather and time off from school and work, with time spent outdoors at parks, pools, picnics, the beach, water sports, outdoor concerts, outdoor seating at restaurants, summer cocktails and frozen drinks – the overall summer vibe.

This “Summer” playlist is a compilation of songs featuring the word Summer in their title or prominently in their lyrics. Next week’s playlist will feature summer vibe songs, not necessarily including summer in the lyrics themselves, but in the feel they engender.  Today’s playlist starts with The Cars singing “Summer, it turns me upside down…” and Meat Loaf’s iconic “On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses…”.  Other musicians on the list include The Beach Boys, Bryan Adams, Don Henley, Van Morrison, Billy Joel, The Lovin’ Spoonful, Mungo Jerry, Eddie Cochran, U2, The Who, The Doors, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Foo Fighters.  Also featured is a little tribute to Jim Seals, of Seals & Croft, who recently passed away.  Included is a video of him singing “Summer Breeze,” one of his most well-known hits, along with “Diamond Girl.”

Some Country artists on the list include Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Florida Georgia Line, Martina McBride, Faith Hill.  And some golden oldies on the list include Natalie and Nat King Cole’s “That Sunday, That Summer,” Andy Williams’ “A Summer Place,” Frank Sinatra’s “Summer Wind,” Nat King Cole’s Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer”.

Let this playlist run at your picnic or at the beach.  Slip on those shades.  Slide into those flip flops.  Lather on that sunscreen.  Have fun.  Kick your feet up.  Relax.  It’s summertime!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/all-summer-long-summer-songs/

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life.  Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the summer moments  Listen to the MUSIC!

Regular Social Butterfly

"Summertime" (opens in new window; check speaker volume first, please?) 

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Wonderful Summer:  Robin Ward

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Wildwood Days:  Bobby Rydell

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It’s definitely summer where I am (Texas). We’re having unseasonably 100+ temps for several days now. So nice playlist to chill with. I have a few add ons …

A Summer Song - Chad & Jeremy

Summer Wind -  Desert Rose Band

Summer Side Of Life - Gordon Lightfoot 

Summertime - Bon Jovi 

Also, from my childhood, I always loved Percy Faith’s Theme from A Summer Place.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Summer Cloudy Afternoon:  Barry McGuire

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Coney Island Baby:  Excellents

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

A Summer Song:  Chad & Jeremy

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Lonely Summer:  Shades Of Blue

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Under the Boardwalk:  Drifters

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

One Summer Night:  Danleers

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

How about Girls in their Summer Clothes:  Bruce

Summertime, Summertime:  Jamies

Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist, who doesn’t love Summer?

Was saddened to hear when Jim Seals

passed. They were such a part of my life

growing up in the 70’s. He will be missed.

Love all the songs but would have to add

the greatest Summer song, imo which is

”Summertime” by Billy Stewart 🎼💜

Conversationalist

While I already had 2 versions of this song from Porgy & Bess, by Peter Gabriel and Sam Cooke), this is such a fun version I had to include it :). This song is the most covered song by many accounts, having up to 65,000 cover versions...

Social Butterfly

Great  playlist, I added Summer by War. 

Conversationalist

Thanks.  Good song.  Added 🙂 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP