Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

All About That Bass - Great Bass Guitar in Rock & Pop

Conversationalist

All About That Bass - Great Bass Guitar in Rock & Pop

Megan Trainor got it right in more ways than one with her double entendre singing the title song of my playlist “It’s All About That Bass.”  She lends the theme for today’s playlist, great bass guitar in rock and pop songs.

This playlist, months in the making, is a marathon of a playlist, checking in at 24 hours long, a full day’s worth of music, over 300 songs.  Included are such classics as Queen’s “Another One Bites The Dust” and “Under Pressure,” The Beatles “Come Together,” Lou Reed’s “Walk On The Wild Side,” The Temptations “My Girl,” Ben E. King’s “Stand By Me,” Otis Redding’s “Dock Of The Bay,” and Stevie Wonder’s “I Wish.” 

Several artists and groups known for their bass with several songs included on the list are Geddy Lee of Rush, Chris Squire of Yes, Adam Clayton of U2, Flea (Michael Peter Balzary) of Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Sting of The Police. 

Session bassists prominently featured include Pino Palladino, known for his fretless bass playing, backing the likes of Don Henley, Paul Young, Phil Collins, Elton John, Eric Clapton, and more recently John Mayer, Adele, John Legend, Ed Sheeran, and Harry Styles; and Chuck Rainey, known for his work with Steely Dan, Jackson Brown, Smokey Robinson, and Aretha Franklin, among others.

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life.  Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the moment.  Listen to the MUSIC!  It’s all about that BASS!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/all-about-that-bass-great-bass-guitar-pop-rock-songs/

Social Butterfly

Great playlist-While Come Together belongs on the list, my personal favorite bass song is Baby Your a Rich Man. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Such awesome playlists. Lots of work to make this one! Thanks so much for sharing 🎼💜

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP