Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

All About SOUL - Soul Songs

All Soul’s Day, also known as the Day of the Dead, observed on November 2nd by Roman Catholics and other Christian denominations, is a day of prayer and remembrance for the faithful departed.  It follows the Eve of All Saints Day/Halloween on October 31st and All Saints Day on November 1st.  The English word “Halloween” is a Scottish derivation of “All Hallow’s Eve”, contracted to “Hallow-e’en”, with “even” the Scot term for “eve” or evening, shortened to “e’en.”

Souls figure prominent on both Halloween October 31st, and All Souls Day November 2nd.  Today’s playlist “All About SOUL” is a tribute to songs featuring Soul in their title.  Some great songs include Billy Joel’s playlist titles song, as  “Soul Man,” “Soul Kitchen,” “Soul Provider,” “Soul Cages,” “Hey, Soul Sister,” “Beautiful Soul,” “Satisfy My Soul,” and “Heart And Soul,” of which there are several unique songs, including the Cleftones/Jan & Dean, Huey Lewis, T’Pau’s.  And Arthur Conley’s “Sweet Soul Music” references several artists on the list, including Lou Rawls, Sam & Dave, Wilson Pickett, and James Brown.

Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the moment.   Listen to the Music!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/all-about-soul/ 

Periodic Contributor

Can’t agree less with you 

Williaem Michael
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

(You're My) Soul and Inspiration:  Righteous Brothers

Soul Sacrifice:  Santana

Stoned Soul Picnic:  Fifth Dimension

Little Bit O' Soul:  Music Explosion

Conversationalist

Thanks - can't believe I forgot the Righteous Bros. and 5th Dimension, and had totally forgotten about Little Bit O Soul.  Added them 🙂   Santana's Soul Sacrifice was already on there 😉 

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @WilliamS68311 👻🎃

Great start for a list of Soul artists...who’ve made such a tremendous contribution to music 🎤 🎵.....also....  we can’t forget about the marvelous female soul singers such as Janis, Bonnie Raitt, Etta James, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Ross, Big Mama Thornton, Gladys Knight, Whitney.... and so, so many others....such as the Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin! 😊

Take care   ☮️ ~Allen

Conversationalist

Just to clarify, while there are some soul genre songs on the playlist, the list is not a soul genre playlist, but a playlist of songs containing the word "Soul" in the title - a soul genre playlist will be the theme of another day 🙂 

Silver Conversationalist

Well, Excu-u-use Me!Well, Excu-u-use Me!

guess I’ll have a jump on the “theme of another day” 😸

Conversationalist

Definitely a playlist for a later date - I took notes 😉 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP