Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Abbey Road is 50 Years Old

Message 1 of 8

When the Beatles Walked Offstage: Fifty Years of “Abbey Road”

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
I hope to God you know that quote.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Excellent article. Always fascinated in info about the Fab 4️⃣ Thanks for sharing 👍

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

About that iconic album cover: 

For the only time in their career, The Beatles presented the world with an album cover that didn’t feature their name, or the title of the LP at all. Designer John Kosh claimed that EMI bosses were furious, but argued: “The biggest band in the world, you don’t have to say who they are - everyone knows who they are.”

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/beatles/the-beatles-abbey-road-album-cover-facts-meaning/

More info on the anniversary album, including the complete track listings, and some interesting Abbey Road trivia in the article below. 

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/beatles-abbey-road-streets-ahead-time/

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Somewhat sad to me as Abbey Road was meant to be The Beatles statement and wasn't considered that but just music...

Miss you so much, John and George...

Power on, Ringo!

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

The back of the  Anniversary Abbey Road Album

A3052224-3CC5-4424-A2AE-D9C788C6E8AA.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Hard to believe this album is 50! Even harder to believe, for me, that I remember when it was released lol. It has always been one of my favorite Beatles albums of all time. Literally every song on the album is great. I especially love The Abbey Road Medley ( as it’s been called) One of the best songs they ever recorded. Again, just another reason why they are the GREATEST band of all time. I always remember that beautiful line “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” Pure musical genius 😎

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Abbey Road is 50 Years Old

Message 8 of 8

Can you believe it? 50 years since the iconic image of the four lads crossing Abbey Road in front of the famed studio where it was recorded. 

The anniversary album debuted yesterday.

Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney Reunite at Abbey Road to Honor 50th Anniversary of Beatles' Album

https://people.com/music/ringo-starr-paul-mccartney-celebrate-album-anniversary-reunion-abbey-road-s...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs