Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Abbey Road is 50 Years Old

Can you believe it? 50 years since the iconic image of the four lads crossing Abbey Road in front of the famed studio where it was recorded. 

The anniversary album debuted yesterday.

Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney Reunite at Abbey Road to Honor 50th Anniversary of Beatles' Album

https://people.com/music/ringo-starr-paul-mccartney-celebrate-album-anniversary-reunion-abbey-road-s...

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

When the Beatles Walked Offstage: Fifty Years of “Abbey Road”

Honored Social Butterfly

About that iconic album cover: 

For the only time in their career, The Beatles presented the world with an album cover that didn’t feature their name, or the title of the LP at all. Designer John Kosh claimed that EMI bosses were furious, but argued: “The biggest band in the world, you don’t have to say who they are - everyone knows who they are.”

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/beatles/the-beatles-abbey-road-album-cover-facts-meaning/

More info on the anniversary album, including the complete track listings, and some interesting Abbey Road trivia in the article below. 

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/beatles-abbey-road-streets-ahead-time/

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Excellent article. Always fascinated in info about the Fab 4️⃣ Thanks for sharing 👍

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Somewhat sad to me as Abbey Road was meant to be The Beatles statement and wasn't considered that but just music...

Miss you so much, John and George...

Power on, Ringo!

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Hard to believe this album is 50! Even harder to believe, for me, that I remember when it was released lol. It has always been one of my favorite Beatles albums of all time. Literally every song on the album is great. I especially love The Abbey Road Medley ( as it’s been called) One of the best songs they ever recorded. Again, just another reason why they are the GREATEST band of all time. I always remember that beautiful line “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” Pure musical genius 😎

Honored Social Butterfly

The back of the  Anniversary Abbey Road Album

A3052224-3CC5-4424-A2AE-D9C788C6E8AA.jpeg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP