Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

A Song for YOU & All I Want is YOU - You Songs

Conversationalist

A Song for YOU & All I Want is YOU - You Songs

On May 16, 1963 at the fifth annual Grammy Awards, Ray Charles won Best R&B Recording with “I Can’t Stop Loving You.”  On this day in 1966 The Beach Boys released their landmark album Pet Sounds, which included the song “You Still Believe In Me.”  This day in 1970 Randy Bachman left The Guess Who and recruited at Joe Walsh’s suggestion Winnipeg bassist and vocalist C.F. Turner to form Bachman-Turner Overdrive, with eventual hits “You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet” and “Hey You.”  And in 1987 on this day, U2 scored their first US #1 hit “With Or Without You” from the album The Joshua Tree.

What do these seemingly random facts have in common apart from occurring on the same date?  The song titles all contain the word “You,” which is the theme of this week’s playlists.  The task of creating playlists for You proved almost as daunting as that for the word Love highlighted in my November 6 playlists “Silly LOVE Songs” and “A Groovy Kind Of LOVE,” with the You lists containing over 250 songs, and Love lists 350 songs.  And the songs are simply amazing, ranging from the songs above to Gaga’s “You And I,”  The Stones’ “You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” Joe Jackson’s “You Can’t Get What You Want,” The Fray’s “You Found Me,” Bon Jovi’s “You Give Love A Bad Name,” Fleetwood Mac’s “You Make Loving Fun,” Billy Joel’s “You May Be Right.” The Beatles’ “You Never Give Me Your Money,” Hot Chocolate’s “You Sexy Thing,” AC/DC’s “You Shook Me All Night Long”  The list goes on and on.  Every song just fantastic.

With such a common, popular word in song titles, I obviously couldn’t include them all, lest you would be listening forever.  Hopefully I didn’t miss any of your favorites.  There are almost 18 hours of spectacular You songs that you won’t want to miss.  Great to listen to on your runs, workouts at the gym, long car rides, the songs can occupy your music listening time for quite a while.

https://listentothemusicblog.com/a-song-for-you-all-i-want-is-you-you-songs/

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life.  Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the moment.  Listen to the MUSIC!

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, that is a big topic! There are a lot of songs on there that I really like, but I would have a few others, as well. 

Like @BeatleloverKT , I would have to include Without You by Nilsson, one of my all time favorites. Also would have …

Who Are You - The Who

You Better You Bet - The Who

You We’re On My Mind - We Five

You Belong To Me - Carly Simon

You Got To Me - Neil Diamond

You Wear It Well - Rod Stewart

You Never Can Tell - Emmylou Harris

You Gave Me A Mountain- Elvis

You Fool No One - Deep Purple

You And I - Scorpions 

Still Loving You - Scorpions 

Always Be With You - Scorpions 

Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions 

Since You Been Gone - Rainbow 

As Long As I Have You - Roger Daltrey

Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealers Wheel

Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd 

I Knew You When - Joe South

I’m Looking Through You - The Beatles 

I Want To Tell You - The Beatles 

Got My Mind Set On You - George 

Where Are You Now - Nazareth 

Okay, I’ll quit now! 😸  

Sorry if I duplicated any on your list. With so many of them, I could’ve missed a few. And it’s almost impossible to stop! 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Conversationalist

Who Are You and Rock You Like A Hurricane were already on the lists.  Can't believe I forgot You Better You Bet, You Were On My Mind, You Belong To Me, You Wear It Well, and Still Loving You - all added.  Have added the others, will give a listen, see if they make the cut 😉 

Thanks for the input.  Great songs.

Honored Social Butterfly

Quite the undertaking, a playlist with “you”

in it. That being said, there are more songs

I’d add (if it was my list):

I’m happy to see my fav Fab 4️⃣ song, which is

”All you need is love” but they have at least 17 

more songs with you in it. Unless maybe

you’re planning a Fab 4️⃣ playlist down

the road 🤞🤞

These are some of my fav “You” songs that

didn’t make the cut:

Without you, Nilsson (consummate You song)

You don’t know me, Ray Charles

Baby, it’s you, Shirelles

Follow you follow me, Genesis

Wish you were here, Pink Floyd

By Fleetwood Mac:

As long as you follow

Only over you

Say you love me

Say you will

I don’t want to live without you, Foreigner

By Tom Petty:

You don’t know how it feels

Depending on you

Just between you and me, Lou Gramm

🎼💜

Conversationalist

Again, can't believe I forgot Without You - added - As for Fab Four, I did already include You Never Give Me Your Money, All You Need Is Love, Do You Want To Know A Secret, From Me To You, Got To Get You Into My Life, PS I Love You, She Loves You; John Lennon's I'm Losing You and Whatever Gets You Through The Night.  Will research more Beatles tunes..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP