Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

80's Hair Metal Bands - tribute to my brother Bob

Conversationalist

80's Hair Metal Bands - tribute to my brother Bob

Out of the blue, on December 28, 1989, my younger brother Bob and one of his friends died tragically in a house fire.  Today is thus the 32 anniversary of that awful, life-changing day.  My younger brother lived life loud and large.  He was a late 80’s hair metal music fan, and got me listening to the likes of Motley Crue, Ratt, Cinderella, Tesla, Dokken, and even Ygwie Malmsteen.  He also liked a range of artists in other genres, such as Elton John’s pop, Duran Duran’s techno-pop, Van Halen and Bon Jovi’s hard rock.  My blog post is a tribute to him and the music he loved.

https://listentothemusicblog.com/i-wont-forget-you-tribute-to-my-brother-bob/

Regular Social Butterfly

Sweet and amazing! Thank you for sharing this as it is an honesty not often shared by dads/sons/brothers.

As a "flower child", I'll extol 70s music as forever the best, I love all decades and genres; I remember dancing at "Teen Town" to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida and feeling free, then at g-daughter's wedding, dancing to You Are So Beautiful, which brought us back to Joe Cocker concert in OKC when he collapsed on stage but sang the entire song...

Your blog is interesting and thoughtful; never stop!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Conversationalist

Thanks for the kind words. I’m partial to 60s, 70s and 80s classic rock myself.  Had to honor my little bro with the hair bands. Joe Cocker was amazing.  See my covers blog (he’s the best cover artist of all time, I think).  Also see my tribute to my dad blog if you haven’t checked it out.  Thanks again. Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Love your playlist! The 80’s had some great

music and was a huge part of growing up for

me. Also a great tribute to your brother, who

tragically passed so young. Music is such a

wonderful way to keep those memories alive 

forever 🎼💜

Conversationalist

Thanks for your support.  80s music stands the test of time and brings back memories of many great moments.  Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP