Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

2020 GRAMMY Awards

The 62nd GRAMMY Awards are right around the corner, airing Jan. 26 on CBS, but the nominations are here now! Find out who is nominated in each of the 84 categories in the full list below (use the links to jump to a desired field).

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,382 Views
8
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Any interest in the Grammy Awards?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,381 Views
7
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Not too much interest on my part, although I do plan to DVR the program. It's such a long program, and this way I can play what little of it I want to see. I'd like to see performances by Alicia Keys, who is hosting again, along with Blake and Gwen. I think that John Legend may be performing. And Aerosmith?

 

There are only a handful of artists that I recognize, and most of them are from country music. I don't listen to country, so I haven't heard any of the songs. Tanya Tucker is back with two nominations. That's a nice surprise.

 

John Legend is nominated for A Legendary Christmas, Traditional Pop Vocal album. That one I have! So good luck to John. That and Blake singing God's Country are probably the only nominations that I've heard!

 

@nyadrn - There is one other name that jumped out at me and she's nominated under the Gospel Performance or Song category. Do you remember Koryn Hawthorne from The Voice? She was on Pharrell's team. Good for her! I think that Cassadee Pope may be the only other Voice performer to get a Grammy nomination.

 

I do look forward to seeing the tribute to Aerosmith that should air at a later date.

"Rock 'n' roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance all over them." Pete Townshend
Honored Social Butterfly


@MaVolta wrote:

Not too much interest on my part, although I do plan to DVR the program. It's such a long program, and this way I can play what little of it I want to see. I'd like to see performances by Alicia Keys, who is hosting again, along with Blake and Gwen. I think that John Legend may be performing. And Aerosmith?

 

There are only a handful of artists that I recognize, and most of them are from country music. I don't listen to country, so I haven't heard any of the songs. Tanya Tucker is back with two nominations. That's a nice surprise.

 

John Legend is nominated for A Legendary Christmas, Traditional Pop Vocal album. That one I have! So good luck to John. That and Blake singing God's Country are probably the only nominations that I've heard!

 

@nyadrn - There is one other name that jumped out at me and she's nominated under the Gospel Performance or Song category. Do you remember Koryn Hawthorne from The Voice? She was on Pharrell's team. Good for her! I think that Cassadee Pope may be the only other Voice performer to get a Grammy nomination.

 

I do look forward to seeing the tribute to Aerosmith that should air at a later date.


Yes. Good catch. Koryn Hawthorne.  

yes Aerosmith will perform ❤️

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

I forgot about Aerosmith getting awarded. I will dvr it and fast forward to watch them perform and receive their award. That's it for me this year lol

Honored Social Butterfly


@BeatleloverKT wrote:

I forgot about Aerosmith getting awarded. I will dvr it and fast forward to watch them perform and receive their award. That's it for me this year lol



I know what you mean 😀

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly




@nyadrn wrote:

4C078005-22AE-46BA-AFA7-2A578EEB85C4.jpeg

 

2A0B6FF1-CDCC-42BF-BA21-B0C82343A4DF.jpeg

Aerosmith at the Grammys 2020. ❤️

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

I usually watch the Grammys but I'm not this year. I don't care for most of today's music. I like Taylor Swift but she's not going to be there or perform. I honestly can't believe they would snub Bruce Springsteen's first album in 8 years but nominated some of the crap that's been nominated this year. Maybe I'm getting old but I think the Grammys are as rigged as the Rock HOF. A hard no for me watching

Honored Social Butterfly


@BeatleloverKT wrote:

I usually watch the Grammys but I'm not this year. I don't care for most of today's music. I like Taylor Swift but she's not going to be there or perform. I honestly can't believe they would snub Bruce Springsteen's first album in 8 years but nominated some of the crap that's been nominated this year. Maybe I'm getting old but I think the Grammys are as rigged as the Rock HOF. A hard no for me watching


Well I don't usually watch but I will watch this year to see Aerosmith accept their award.  

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,341 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health