Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Calculator: Social Security Benefits *" Monthly 300 pt Tool not working for me....

Message 1 of 9

Hello @AARPTeri 

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: "Calculator: Social Security Benefits *" Monthly 300 pt Tool not working for me....

Message 2 of 9
Same for me too.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Hello @AARPTeri 

First, thanks for your quick reply to my initial post. 

Next, these links are now bringing up the Social Security tool.  I don't know if they are "fixed" or not?  It is strange that the Spanish version indicated that I had already used the tool this month (showing a "What's This" badge) before I had tried either English or Spanish version of the tool.  Anyway, I received 300 points from the English version link (after completing it twice.)  I always keep my rewards page open to make sure I get points for activities.

https://www.aarp.org/work/social-security/social-security-benefits-calculator.html

https://www.aarp.org/espanol/jubilacion/jubilacion-segura/calculadora-de-seguro-social.html

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@andrewtoo 

Glad you posted I was wondering about these(English & Spanish) also no tool appeared I thought maybe perhaps it needed adjusting for the new year or ect... guess has a bug 

@AARPTeri 

Thanks for the update & your service .... hope they'll return soon 

Ginger :  ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9
I'm having trouble also. Points down the drain!
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@AARPTeri  One of the 'non-working' tools is still on the earn page.  It is the third from the bottom in the second column (monthly) under MONEY.  Just thought you would like to know.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

andrewtoo, so you know, I just started getting my social security retirement benefits. I filed online but ended up having to go to their local office to "verify my identity (Jan 2019).

An appointment was 3 weeks out (no electronic way) so I waited in line 2+ hours; done.

Consider going to local office and waiting in line...

Based on my experience, nothing can be done electronically via .gov (I used to check in with the benefits tool and that doesn't work now for me).

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@andrewtoo   You beat me to this - we have two tools that are currently not working and have been removed from the earn page until they have been corrected. 

https://www.aarp.org/work/social-security/social-security-benefits-calculator.html 
https://www.aarp.org/espanol/jubilacion/jubilacion-segura/calculadora-de-seguro-social.html

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

"Calculator: Social Security Benefits *" Monthly 300 pt Tool not working for me....

Message 9 of 9

@AARPTeri

Hello guys,

Anyone having trouble with this tool?

I'm having a strange problem with this monthly tool.  It appears twice (in English) on the Earn Points page.  Both tools have always been identical, so I have only gotten 300 points total, even if I took them both.  Both are showing me a 300 point Rewards for Good Badge, yet, every time I have opened one of the tools the page only displays the heading, badge, and introductory paragraph about the tool.  The actual tool does not load to complete the exercise.  The tool appears on the Earn Points page as:

Work & Retirement Section: 

Calculator: Social Security Benefits

Money:

Calculator: Social Security Benefits *

Both are also the same URL, but I wanted to be clear that I am having with them both: No tool loads, R4G badge shows 300 points available to earn.

I was hoping it was a short term issue and would resolve itself, but, it is the 4th of the month and the tool is still not working for me.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Replies