Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Where is Recipe Search & its 30 points?

Message 1 of 13

@mi4090   I closed the thread only because there was an exact same topic that Ginger had started earlier - and wanted to keep the conversation on one thread.  I answered on your thread so you would know I saw it and made sure notifications went to all on that thread.  It is easier to keep the same conversations together.  I did not mean to upset you.  We have done this for many years on duplicate threads - and has been a normal process to keep the same conversations together, it isn't something new.  Again my apologies for not explaining this.

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@andrewtoo   I was only trying to keep the conversation in one place so sorry if that upset you, it certainly wasn't mean to do that.  The same people were on both threads so easier to keep conversation in one place.  I replied to both threads to insure the answer was seen by all.

Teri

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@mi4090   I didn't receive a message that I know of but will double check.   Is there something I should know or do?  Thanks for working on this issue.   

It is my opinion that no activity that some people (us) use should be taken down without a replacement ready to fill its slot.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@andrewtoo  @gm5271 @HokiePoq 

Hello R4G Members,

I received a reply from @AARPTeri that included (3) members names, @andrewtoo was included stating that we no longer have the Daily Recipe Search tool in the Health category.  

Thanks Andrew for voicing your opinion on my post being locked; I called also and got no reason or explanation for it being locked.

Ginger did you get this information also? I reposted the Missing Daily Recipe Search Tool (Health) category again after being LOCKED by AARP.  

I would appreciate any replies to the repost, and let me know via my post Missing (12) Monthly Calculators if you can only give Kudos.

Thanks to all,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

WOW...I was about to post to the other topic "Missing Daily Recipe Search Tool (Health) Category..." and that topic is locked!!

I have been very disappointed with the handling of points available on the Earn Points page.

The explanation that "There just hasn't been enough use to continue this." from @AARPTeri (I must now copy this from a LOCKED TOPIC) is not acceptable.  I don't know who is responsible for this, but, regardless of the reason, LOCKING A TOPIC, where people are unhappy, does not look good for the Rewards for Good program, it doesn't matter if two topics exist.  The reason two topics exist is because two valued members created them. These are not the moderators' topics, they are the members' topics.

Please consider this a complaint.  The point value on the Rewards for Good Earn Points page has been going down over the past several months and points are not being replaced with new content on the page.  Declining point opportunities without replacing with something equally rewarding has become a disturbing trend.

I have called an AARP Customer Service Supervisor (rather than Rewards for Good Customer Service) to express my concerns and lodge a complaint about the reduction in earnings opportunities on the Earn Points Page.  Nearly an 11,000 point per year reduction today, a sad day indeed!

Cordially,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Thanks for posting, Ginger.  I came to the site to do the same.

I am not happy that this has been taken away.   I did it every day and I'm thinking everyone else that posts in this forum does as well.   

One of the weekly tasks has disappeared as well.

The monthly list has grown shorter.   

With the latter two I noticed a malfunction and someone probably made them aware of it.   The "solution" was to take it down.  

For those of us who participate daily, having less opportunities to earn points is not a happy thing.   There should be more opportunities, not less as time goes on.    Someone else suggested it earlier and I will repeat this idea:

When a quiz is promoted in email, refresh it for everyone so everyone can earn points.  I may have done it years ago but didn't do it for the added points.  If the content is worth promoting, it's worth having all the participants enabled to do it.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@gm5271 - I also posted on the other thread about this.  Unfortunately, we will no longer have the recipe search tool on our site and therefore no points can be earned.  We are now removing from the earn page. 

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

@AARPTeri 

You bet! Thanks Teri You rock 😎

Appreciate your help and attention to this matter

Ginger : ) 🤗

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@gm5271   I am looking into this and will let you know.  Thanks for the alert!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@andrewtoo  @mi4090 

Morning Andrew & Marilyn 

Thanks for letting me know wasn't just me or phone

Andrew I agree in doing the search I've found some great recipes plus get a laugh at times putting funny things in search 

I just tried again still not working seeing same thing

Like you said I also do each day and it adds up as all the Daily Quizzes do wish we had more

Possibly they are setting up new page for it... the page looks nice just need search to work

Hopefully some information will be provided soon 

Enjoy your day !

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views