Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your money IQ?

Message 1 of 3

I've taken and aced that test so many times it isn't funny. I know all the answers by heart because of various resets on the Rewards for Good Earn Page. 

I have excellent credit, so I've seen first hand what great things that does to a mortgage rate. (Yay!)  I don't have --and never have had-- a debit card in part because I'm a budgeter/planner who doesn't believe in impulse buying and in part because they are a less secure form of payment (due to them being linked to your checking account). But I think it's good to know the ins and outs of debit cards and mortgage rates, credit cards, credit reports, loans, et cetera, anyway. So thanks, AARP (@AARPTeri) for this and the many other quizzes on this site. You've helped educate and prepare me for retirement.

My only quibble here is that I took this test already and therefore wasn't eligible for rewards points when I took it again a minute ago (waaaaaa). LOL! Smiley Happy

Money IQ.pngMoney IQ QUIZ

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your money IQ?

Message 2 of 3

I only got partially thru it, because I got a bunch wrong; those questions didn't pertain to me, so I've made no effort to know the rules. For example; I don't have or want a debit card .. so why would I need to know how to track usage? I've never had a institutional mortgage, so there was no reason to care about the impact of having a high credit score (which I do have).  

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

What's your money IQ?

Message 3 of 3

Have you taken our money IQ quiz?  Well, I certainly should have done better!  Atleast I know more now, I also missed an obvious question that I wasn't sure about!  How about you, did one of these questions stump you?  Take the money IQ and get your Rewards for Good points at the same time!  Click here:  https://www.aarp.org/money/budgeting-saving/info-04-2012/smart-money-quiz-two.html#triviaresults

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies