AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Was R4G Really a Reward?

Message 11 of 20

I personally saved hundreds of dollars buying Canival gift cards at 10 percent off. Hopefully the "new" rewards still has them. I have seen Coke go downhill and Verizon rewards are junk now also.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

@gm5271   You are right about websites that "improve" their formats/programs.   Coke is a prime example.   After you mentioned you'd gotten a card or two, I went back and used up my caps and numbers from a drawer and did supposedly get a $2 Target card a week or so ago.  When the email came to claim it, the link got an error message and then I got another email telling me I had to claim it the day before I got their email, lol.   I did put in a pending question about that.   

Cruise Critic is another that "improved" their site.  I used to go there multiple times a day but now it's not so user friendly and I only go occasionally.   

No  more Daily Deal either?   Goodbye to all the things I've enjoyed entering/attempting.   The new program sounds pretty much like the current AARP website which has a lot of good information.  So far we haven't heard anything about incentives to participate.   I need to think about that....many sources of information but not many with incentives.   I do think any incentives/rewards could be limited to members only.  The games could be all members only.   I have to confess I spend way too much time on the AARP games.  

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

@HokiePoq 

Congratulations on the getting $10 IHOP.  It was an experience that will be rememberedSmiley LOLI

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

@HokiePoq 

Hi Hokie

I so feel same way

Hopefully it'll be as great as they say ?¿?

Not go by way Coca-cola Rewards ( you & I share experience there) it changed which I now go to every few months vs Daily which used to & I've done with R4G I'm deeply saddened by their saying no more Daily Deal at 3PM I so looked forward to trying for those interested in & enjoyed the times I could get one will really miss that... some floating deal it'll be don't think be same Smiley Sad

Guess will know in few months & as you say find out if its worthy of my time any longer 

Since been told Monthly donation of points will continue I'll check in at least to do that .... maybe it'll be better but my experience with other sites that did big changes lost my interest 

Grateful for what we've had while we have had it

Enjoy your day 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

Short answer....nothing over $1000. I never accumulated enough points to bid on the big stuff and never won a valuable sweepstakes.  I won one sweepstakes with the auto daily entry several years ago, a $10 IHOP card.    I have, however, won numerous gift cards from the auctions, mostly before the "new and improved" bidding.  I would watch all day for the quick auctions where only those persistent enough to watch all day would participate.   Have cleared out my points lately with auctions.   Also got a number of daily deals.     So, yes, it was worthwhile for me as a retiree who enjoyed the quizzes and activities that gave points.  A penny an hour maybe, lol, but I did enjoy it and learned a lot along the way.   I will miss it and will have to decide after seeing the new program if it will be worth the time.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

@Brightpool 

I agree that the articles on health, recipes, quizzes, newsletters and things the foundation fighting to change for seniors has been a reward!

Congratulations on getting $50 rewardSmiley Happy 

Hopefully in the new AARP Rewards we'll have an opportunity to win bigger prizes.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

If I count my time as worth any wage, the Rewards for Good has fallen short. Without that, though, counting it all as a learning experience, either from learning where to click to earn points, how to eat and exercise for my health, or how much I really need for retirement or anywhere in between, I feel that I have come out ahead.
Indeed, without figuring any value for my time, I have received enough in tangible return to pay me back more than my membership in AARP for several years into the future. And, I haven't won any big prizes. My largest prize to date for all my time on Rewards for Good was a VISA card for $50. Most of my return has been from discounts on gift cards for restaurants and the occasional Daily Deals (although, not lately), including a few $5 gift cards that cost only points. I even still have a Toys R Us card I'm holding in case they reopen any stores. The cards won't expire on July 27, we'll just stop getting points on the quizzes and exercises.
So, yes, Rewards for Good was rewarding.
I hope the new AARP Rewards will take us all into bigger and better things.
Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

Taking the quizzes was informative for me too.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

@mi4090 

Marylin

Yes double Yes its been worth every second spent here for folks have met when things went wacky and even at times I think I wished them wacky to connect with others... having the R4G forum has truly been a blessing

On top of that I've won 4 Sweepstakes nothing over $15 & still have the $15 Macy Gift Card won haven't been to store that taught me to not enter for places don't go..... plus I've gotten numerous Daily Deals gifts for my children & nice jewelry for myself & some nice household items rarely got Free gift cards didn't try fight for those so much

But got Free Magazines like and got Free "Disrupt Aging" book 

I'm not losing a million points though....I would get my R4G Update email usually spent points that earned each month 

Plus always checked prices on Daily Deals they were good deal and along with folks Daily Deal is really gonna be missed by me reckon I will delete my reminders have set for it 

But yes each person has to place their own value 

I have even benefited alot from the quizzes have given me knowledge and information I wasn't aware of and with focus on Seniors always felt fit in & things applied to us. 

So My answer is a definite Yes its been worth it all for me & I am really going to miss it as its been... will try hope for good things 

Thanks for bringing that back to my attention even though I will feel the loss need also focus on the gain 

Enjoy your weekend everyone 

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Was R4G Really a Reward?

Message 20 of 20

Hello R4G Warriors,

I'd like to know if you feel that the Rewards for Good program really rewarded you for anything?

Now that the R4G program is ending and we are losing our points, what real rewards did you receive via the program (i.e. Sweeps or Auction valued $1,000 and over)?

Let's here from you if got something of value during this program or what was your reward?

Have a Blessed Day,

Kudos
Views
Replies