Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Unhappy about the AARP Rewards for Good

Message 1 of 6

@AARPTeri 

Thanks for replying and your opinion.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

We are sorry to hear that you are upset about the change to the program. AARP would never scam its members. We have been very clear that points will not carry over to AARP Rewards, and any unused Rewards for Good points will be lost.

We know the transition to AARP Rewards may be difficult for some participants who have accumulated large point balances, which is why we tripled the amount of time listed in our Terms and Conditions to redeem the points you’ve earned before Rewards for Good evolves in September. 

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Hello @shellyf ,

The vast majority of R4G members are upset.  They have done to us what they write numerous articles about looking out for....SCAM.  

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

The rewards for good program is hardly a meaningful award. Most of the time, you have to put up a certain amount of money and then add the points to get a $5 discount on an item. Hardly worth my time not when you've got coupons.com, groupon.com, etc all giving you the same thing if not more. 
I've got 25K points that I will never use as what is available is a joke. How about a more meaningful program where points can actually get you a solid and worthwhile gift? You can charge more points for it but at least let us get a good benefit. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@ks18192309 

Hello Karen,

I know how you feel with all the changes and disregard for members time, losing points that have taken years to accrue, computer glitches, etc. Website to start an online petition for free: https://www.change.org/start-a-petition.

You can set it up and post a link to it on the community if it's allowed, to get other members to sign.

I'll be looking out for it.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Unhappy about the AARP Rewards for Good

Message 6 of 6

Wish we could collect a petition and send to Jo Ann Jenkins about our displeasure.  I am actually going to attend the AARP convention, I hope to collect some business cards to find some way to actually contact leadership and get some answers about  this program,

1.who was responsible,

2. the budget

3. if it's being independently audited.

I hope to see if I can write an article that will get accepted to publicize the lack of concern related to the individual members in the community and how AARP may be on the downward slope of it's lifecycle.

The new generations coming up do not see AARP as the older generation sees it.  I believe they need to move and change or will be another history story.

Karen

Kudos
Views
Replies