Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for good - what a waste of time.

Message 1 of 13

Well.... Holy Crapola!   I had the time for the moment, so after making my last post in here, I jumpped back and tried again - - about 10 times.. and at 2:47:37 I gave me a Chapta.. went through that and it gave me another shopping cart.. and this time it went through OK.. or at least made it seem so...  Perhaps I finally got a daily deal... only 56,878 points to blow left!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

The site came back up with them in carts, but one became available, and I was lucky enought to get one.  Bring it up and keep clicking and you might get one.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

wow... so after 5 years, I FINALLY get a Daily in my cart.. THEN it keeps telling me the Ship To, must match Billing (which it DOES!)... and I keep looking, and reloading, and editing the ship to .. but it never gives me the Finish button.. eventually it pops the message "We apologize; this item/price is no longer available. Please remove it to continue the checkout process.".. and forces me to remove it from my cart...

Bunch of bull S&^%.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

Don't worry, it wouldn't matter..I just won then locked out so couldn't redeem in the required 20 mins. I don't trust AARP on any statement/product  if this is how they treat the members.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

So.. after 20 minutes of reloading the page, it FINALLY came up... and it actually let me put a Daily Deal in my Cart..

BUT...

It says  "For orders containing gift cards, your billing and shipping addresses must match during checkout."... And that is what I have.. but it won't let me "Finish"...  very frustrating!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Same thing happened to me. This time I can't even find the customer support link to send feedback. Guess they took it down. Such BS...I feel cheated, mislead, and ignored. Already cancelled my auto renewal this morning.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

Nice... Today I can't log into Rewards  - started 2 minutes before trying to get in.. still either sit and spinn... or give me a "Can't log in Right Now" error...

What a Cluster!

Every place else.. works.. but NOT Rewards.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

Hello @MichaelB410352 

Michael, the program was a disappointment for a lot of members who had been saving points for years to try and win something of value, then to experience members bidding 700,000 pts to get a $5 gift card to use up their pointsSmiley Sad 

Also, you have to remember there are thousands of members trying to get the Daily Deal, you should start clicking at least 1 to 2 minutes before 3p.

Hopefully the new AARP Rewards program will be a better experience, and worth giving a chance until time to renew membership.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

Terrible "rewards", worthless discounts, and many of the deals I tried to get had links that were broken. I tried for one of the the WalMart gift card 3:00 PM (EDT) deals at PRECISELY 3:00:01 PM and they were all GONE...in ONE SECOND, folks! Talk about a worthless waste of time!!! And to add further insult, I wrote to Customer Service about the broken links and the ridiculous WalMart gift card thing and NEVER got any reply whatsoever! I'm done with this BS organization. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

Agreed-There should be many more offerings on applying your points directly to buy without paying for a purchase,insted of limited discounts

Kudos
Views